Volunteer at Wild Cat Farm

Our MISSION is to provide a Safe Haven to wild animals who are in need of a home and ENSURE that injured and traumatized animals receive proper medical care.The animals that live permanently on the farm were rescued and can't be released for many reasons, usually injury and an inability to hunt. These animals are kept in large enclosures and used for educating the public and raising awareness. Every animal that comes to Zanchieta have a permit from Department of Nature Conservation who does inspections of the animals and enclosures at six month intervals.The farm offers YOU, the Volunteer an opportunity to work and interact with the animals and gain exposure to all activities from cleaning, building enclosures, feeding, nursery up keeping, food preparation etc. and to unwind in a relaxing setting only a few meters away from the Lions. You will learn something about yourself, have fun, and learn new skills you can add to your resume. YOU are important to us and the animals here.

Asta

A BIG cat experience

Going to Zanchieta was one of the best decitions I made this year. It is an enormous experience to be here, interact with the animals, and receive all their love. Though the work can appear dull at times, the staff here, and the fact that all you do is for the benefit of the animals, will always brighten the day. Zanchieta is a place you MUST visit if you have a passion for animals, their wellbeing and having a great time!

Faster internet at the volunteer-house :D
Response from Zanchieta Wild Cat Farm

Asta Freja Alexandersen
Truly appreciate your review and rating.
I understand the internet connection at the volunteer house is slow, this is due to our location outside Bloemfontein. We will make contact with our service provider and see if we can find a solution for future volunteers.
Enjoy your future travels and thank you for volunteering @ zanchieta
Without Your support we would not be able to look after all the animals.
Lots of Zanhieta love.

Silje

Fantastic wildcatfarm

I have had an amazing time at the zanchieta wildcat farm. To be so close to the animals is fantastic. I liked to work, because i know it is for the animals. I have had so many cool and inspairing moments here. I loved it.

Better internet
Response from Zanchieta Wild Cat Farm

Silje Karlstad

Firstly, thank YOU for your volunteer work @ zanchieta. We truly appreciate all of you. Regarding the slow internet. - will make contact with our service provider to see if they can find a solution.

Enjoy your future travels !
You can always visit our blog to stay up to date on whats
Happening.
Lots of Zanchieta love

Christine

Amazing Farm!!

I had the best two weeks ever! Interacting with the wild animals was amazing: Servals, caracals, lions, cheetahs etc. And the people who work there and that took care of us are some of the kindest and funniest people I've met. Loved it!

About Zanchieta Wild Cat Farm

Lions, Cheetahs, Caracals, Servals, Small Spotted Cats, Jackal, Rock Hyrax, Meerkats (suricate), Genets, they all live here at Zanchieta Wild Cat Farm and need special attention and care. Without the help and contribution of volunteers these animals...