Volunteer in Spain with Pueblo Ingles

Volunteer in Spain with Pueblo Ingles

Join Pueblo Ingles and volunteer to teach English in Spain! By participating in the Pueblo Ingles program, you will have the chance to share your language and culture. By recruiting native English speakers from all over the world with different backgrounds and accents, Pubelo Ingles allows students the chance to immerse themselves in English. Volunteers will talk regularly with Spanish students one on one and in groups about their everyday life in English only!

Anyone from ages 22 to 80 can volunteer in Spain with Pueblo Ingles! A program is also available for volunteers ages 13 to 17. Visit the Pueblo Ingles website to learn more about this exciting opportunity to travel and help others!

Europe » Spain » Madrid
Europe » Spain

Jenna
Youngstown, Ohio
Youngstown State University

An Amazing Insight into Spain

Pueblo Ingles is basically a FREE way to experience the culture of Spain for one-two weeks. I participated in a one week teen program, where I got to participate in one-on-one conversations with Spaniards and through this I gained an amazing insight into Spanish culture. If you are looking to travel around Spain and explore independently, this is probably not the program for you, as mostly we stayed at a hotel in rural Spain. However, if you want to truly see the culture through the Spanish people (FOR FREE!) this is the program for you. I also made friends from English countries all over the world!

Possibly separated ages a bit more. I was 18, but there were some 13 year olds so it was kind of a large age range.

afreshchapter
The World

Volunteering Lite in Spain...

I wasn't sure what to expect when I signed up for the FREE Pueblos Ingles volunteer program, but I figured a week of speaking English with Spanish business people couldn't be too hard.

After some of the more "roughing it" volunteer placements in Africa, India, and Vietnam, I was ready for a Volunteering Lite experience and what a fantastic experience it was.

All you have to do is get yourself to Madrid, take care of your hotel on either end of the program, and get to the meeting point for the bus by Friday morning at 9am - then the dedicated Pueblos Ingles staff takes care of every little detail for you for the next 8 days.

We drove 4 hours to the tiny town of La Alberca and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had my own room in the bottom of a quaint chalet. The orientation started at 5pm the first night and from then on, it was non-stop talking. The only rule? Absolutely NO SPANISH to be spoken for the whole week (which suited me just fine).

Each day included a combination of one on one conversations, group discussions, presentations, pub quizzes and skits - all with the aim of helping improve the conversational english skills of the Spaniards. With delicious three course meals for lunch and dinner and an unlimited supply of Spanish red wine, the conversation flowed even more freely.

By the end of the week, the 19 Spaniards and 18 Anglos had become fast friends and no one wanted to leave our little country hide-away.

I would not hesitate to recommend to any of you to travel to Spain and participate in a Pueblos Ingles program. Although you may sacrifice on sleep and your jeans won't fit you nearly as well by the end of the week, you will make great new friends and experience the graciousness and hospitality of the Spanish culture.

Pueblo Ingles was launched in 2001 and is an English language school with multiple sites throughout Spain and Italy. The program aims at helping local communities, particularly business owners, improve their English language proficiency in order to help them better understand their clientele in an