Our partner community in Sri Lanka is located about 1 hour from the cultural centre of Kandy. The community has been growing yet still does not have any premises for basic functions such as infant & maternity clinics, community events nor a play area for the kids so we’ve stepped in to faciliate just that.
With the new centre, and all the various community activities that can then be undertaken, the elders are hoping to integrate community members further and strengthen the social harmony (in this village, live both Sinhala & Tamil ethnicities), not to mention an area for the kids to be kids.
- Immerse yourself in true Sri Lanka culture when we base ourselves in a rural village outside Kandy as we carry out our volunteer project.
- Get lost with us in the rolling hills and tea plantations of Ella, you’ll quickly understand why Sri Lanka is on everyone’s bucket list these days!
- Hone your tuktuk driving skills as we teach you to drive and then set you free on the Sri Lankan roads (don’t worry, driving isn’t compulsory!).
- Hike to the ‘end of the world’ in untouched Nurwa Eliya, the views are worth that sweaty climb, we promise.
- Soak up those beach vibes in Mirissa, Asia’s newest traveler hotspot. Tunes playing, cocktails flowing, the water calling from the Indian ocean.