• Sri Lanka

Program Details

Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Apartment Guesthouse Host Family
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)
Travel Type
Budget Family Senior Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

$295 USD
All programs include arrival airport transfers, accommodation, 3 meals per day, 24/7 local support and certificate of completion.
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airport Transfers Equipment Meals Transportation Wifi
Feb 13, 2020
Feb 11, 2020

Travel with a purpose & help support local communities with IVI, a Charity & Non Profit Org. With over 30 years of volunteering, we are dedicated to giving volunteers true and authentic experiences. Our projects in Sri Lanka allow you to get a hands on and immersive experience, whilst giving valuable help to poor communities. We have project locations in Kandy, Hanguranketha and Ambalangoda.

IVI Sri Lanka Projects:
- Kindergarten & Primary Teaching
- Childcare Centre
- Special Needs School
- Tribal Village English Teaching
- Construction & Renovation
- Medical/ Hospital Internships
- Turtle Conservation

For most of our projects no experience is required- just 100% enthusiasm and willingness to learn! Give back on your next adventure and truly help make a difference in the lives of the local people.

Program Highlights

• Try our Yoga & Meditation Week or Trekking Adventure in Sri Lanka!
  • Available all year round - Short & Long Term Stays.
  • Over 20,000 Volunteers placed worldwide.
  • Amazing Support & Safety Record.
  • IVI has 30+ years volunteering experience.

Dhammike

Highlights:
The highlight of Sri Lanka was definitely the team; the drivers, coordinators, managers, chef, cleaners – everyone was so helpful and lovely. Everything felt very well organised and I felt very comfortable to talk about anything with them. The people of Sri Lanka in general were all so beautiful and friendly.

Team, food and accommodation:
Again the team was amazing. The food was really good both at the accommodation and at the projects! I love spice, rice and curry so I was always happy. There was plenty of vegetables and plenty of food so always had enough to eat. The accommodation was clean, a nice temperature, hot and cold showers, lockers for valuables, good location.

Again I had originally put down to volunteer at a baby center, however on arrival I was told that that option was no longer available which was a real shame. I found other volunteer options which I ended up really enjoying but I was initially disappointed.
Hiedi

Improvements:

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know. I am also happy to talk to other potential volunteers wanting to have a chat first.
Pia