Travel with Purpose in Sri Lanka, from $295 - Non Profit Org

Travel with a purpose & help support local communities with IVI, a Charity & Non Profit Org. With over 30 years of volunteering, we are dedicated to giving volunteers true and authentic experiences. Our projects in Sri Lanka allow you to get a hands on and immersive experience, whilst giving valuable help to poor communities. We have project locations in Kandy, Hanguranketha and Ambalangoda.

IVI Sri Lanka Projects:
- Kindergarten & Primary Teaching
- Childcare Centre
- Special Needs School
- Tribal Village English Teaching
- Construction & Renovation
- Medical/ Hospital Internships
- Turtle Conservation

For most of our projects no experience is required- just 100% enthusiasm and willingness to learn! Give back on your next adventure and truly help make a difference in the lives of the local people.

• Try our Yoga & Meditation Week or Trekking Adventure in Sri Lanka!
  • Available all year round - Short & Long Term Stays.
  • Over 20,000 Volunteers placed worldwide.
  • Amazing Support & Safety Record.
  • IVI has 30+ years volunteering experience.

Coronavirus Update

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, anyone who has booked with IVI can change or delay their project until August 2021.

Popular Programs

your host in Sri Lanka

Contribute to renovating and restoring ancient temples in a quiet village and bring them back their former glory. You will also get a chance to renovate educational institutions, schools, and community centers! Bring along your creative ideas and turn these buildings into something special for the local communities.

volunteers in Sri Lanka with IVI

Starting in the cultural capital of Sri Lanka, Kandy, you will explore the lush green hills and learn about the local culture. For the last 3 weeks you have a choice between volunteering at the elephant or turtle program and enjoying a beach week or mind and body week. This will be an adventurous 4 weeks!

holding baby turtle

Help on our turtle conservation volunteering project in Ambalangoda, Sri Lanka. Situated right on the beach, assist at the turtle conservation centre in caring for, cleaning and protecting these incredible animals. Help educate the local community on the importance of conservation and if you’re lucky, get to release baby hatchlings back into the ocean.

Teaching English to Buddhist Monks

Teach English to Buddhist monks with IVI Volunteers in beautiful Sri Lanka! Buddhism is a prominent part of this country and you can be part of a project that teaches English language skills to young monks. Provide the monks with an opportunity to become proficient in English, teaching them communication, written and spoken skills.

Dhammike

Highlights:
The highlight of Sri Lanka was definitely the team; the drivers, coordinators, managers, chef, cleaners – everyone was so helpful and lovely. Everything felt very well organised and I felt very comfortable to talk about anything with them. The people of Sri Lanka in general were all so beautiful and friendly.

Team, food and accommodation:
Again the team was amazing. The food was really good both at the accommodation and at the projects! I love spice, rice and curry so I was always happy. There was plenty of vegetables and plenty of food so always had enough to eat. The accommodation was clean, a nice temperature, hot and cold showers, lockers for valuables, good location.

Again I had originally put down to volunteer at a baby center, however on arrival I was told that that option was no longer available which was a real shame. I found other volunteer options which I ended up really enjoying but I was initially disappointed.
Hiedi

Improvements:

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know. I am also happy to talk to other potential volunteers wanting to have a chat first.
Pia