Sri Lanka - Affordable & Meaningful Projects with IVI

Turtle Conservation Project
Turtle Conservation Project
Sri Lanka Cultural Orientation Week
Sri Lanka Cultural Orientation Week

Travel with a purpose & help support local communities with IVI, a Charity & Non Profit Org. With over 30 years of volunteering, we are dedicated to giving volunteers true and authentic experiences. Our projects in Sri Lanka allow you to get a hands on and immursive experience, whilst giving valuable help to poor communities. We have project locations in Kandy, Hanguranketha and Ambalangoda.

IVI Sri Lanka Projects:
- Kindergarten & Primary Teaching
- Childcare Centre
- Special Needs School
- Tribal Village English Teaching
- Construction & Renovation
- Medical/ Hospital Internships
- Turtle Conservation

For most of our projects no experience is required- just 100% enthusiasm and willingness to learn! Give back on your next adventure and truly help make a difference in the lives of the local people.

• Try our Yoga & Meditation Week or Trekking Adventure in Sri Lanka!
  • Available all year round - Short & Long Term Stays.
  • Over 20,000 Volunteers placed worldwide.
  • Amazing Support & Safety Record.
  • IVI has 30+ years volunteering experience.

Heidi

Childcare and Construction Volunteering Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka:
Highlights:
The highlight of Sri Lanka was definitely the team; the drivers, coordinators, managers, chef, cleaners – everyone was so helpful and lovely. Everything felt very well organised and I felt very comfortable to talk about anything with them. The people of Sri Lanka in general were all so beautiful and friendly.

Team, food and accommodation:
Again the team was amazing. The food was really good both at the accommodation and at the projects! I love spice, rice and curry so I was always happy. There was plenty of vegetables and plenty of food so always had enough to eat. The accommodation was clean, a nice temperature, hot and cold showers, lockers for valuables, good location.

Again I had originally put down to volunteer at a baby center, however on arrival I was told that that option was no longer available which was a real shame. I found other volunteer options which I ended up really enjoying but I was initially disappointed.
Heidi