• Sri Lanka

Program Details

Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Apartment Guesthouse Host Family
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30) Large Group (31+)
Travel Type
Budget Family Older Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airport Transfers Equipment Meals Transportation Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jan 12, 2023
Jan 17, 2023
3 travelers are looking at this program

Travel with a purpose & help support local communities with IVI, a Charity & Non Profit Org. With 33+ years of volunteering, we are dedicated to giving volunteers true and authentic experiences. Our projects in Sri Lanka allow you to get a hands on and immersive experience, whilst giving valuable help to poor communities.

We have project locations in Kandy and Ambalangoda. All programs include arrival airport transfers, accommodation, meals, 24/7 local support, orientation, and Certificate of Completion. We offer safe, reliable and impactful programs, helping communities in need around the globe.

For most of our projects no experience is required- just 100% enthusiasm and willingness to learn! Give back on your next adventure and truly help make a difference in the lives of the local people.

Program Highlights

• Non-Profit & Charity.
  • Available all year round - Short & Long Term Stays.
  • Over 25,000 Volunteers placed worldwide.
  • Amazing Support & Safety Record.
  • IVI has 33+ years volunteering experience.

Popular Programs

reno

Contribute to renovating and restoring ancient temples in a quiet village and bring them back their former glory. You will also get a chance to renovate educational institutions, schools, and community centres! Bring along your creative ideas and turn these buildings into something special for the local communities.

selfie

Volunteering on this project, your main role is to observe or monitor the patients, treatments, techniques, and assist professional doctors and nurses working at the hospital. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about overseas healthcare and to share your knowledge with the staff.

holding baby turtle

Help on our turtle conservation volunteering project in Ambalangoda, Sri Lanka. Situated right on the beach, assist at the turtle conservation centre in caring for, cleaning and protecting these incredible animals. Help educate the local community on the importance of conservation and if you’re lucky, get to release baby hatchlings back into the ocean.

Teaching English to Buddhist Monks

Teach English to Buddhist monks with IVI Volunteers in beautiful Sri Lanka! Buddhism is a prominent part of this country and you can be part of a project that teaches English language skills to young monks. Provide the monks with an opportunity to become proficient in English, teaching them communication, written and spoken skills.

• 5 rating 83.33%
  • 4 rating 16.67%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%

Teaching and construction volunteering

The highlight of Sri Lanka was definitely the team; the drivers, coordinators, managers, chef, cleaners – everyone was so helpful and lovely. Everything felt very well organised and I felt very comfortable to talk about anything with them. The people of Sri Lanka in general were all so beautiful and friendly.

Pros
  • Again the team was amazing
Cons
  • I had originally put down to volunteer at a baby center, however on arrival I was told that that option was no longer available which was a real shame. I found other volunteer options which I ended up really enjoying but I was initially disappointed
Dhammike

Team, food and accommodation:
Again the team was amazing. The food was really good both at the accommodation and at the projects! I love spice, rice and curry so I was always happy. There was plenty of vegetables and plenty of food so always had enough to eat. The accommodation was clean, a nice temperature, hot and cold showers, lockers for valuables, good location.

Again I had originally put down to volunteer at a baby center, however on arrival I was told that that option was no longer available which was a real shame. I found other volunteer options which I ended up really enjoying but I was initially disappointed.
Hiedi

Improvements:

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know. I am also happy to talk to other potential volunteers wanting to have a chat first.
Pia