Join Global Volunteers in the volunteer experience of a lifetime in St. Lucia, one of the most beautiful islands in the West Indies - for one to two weeks. As a volunteer, you will make a substantial difference in a small amount of time.
The ways volunteers serve as a resource include:
• Tutoring at the infant and primary schools working with reading, colors and shapes, group activities, and school outings.
• Building and maintenance of school facilities.
• Training youth on employable skills.
• Earthboxes: help community members plant and maintain container vegetable gardens that provide needed nutrition and micronutrients to area families.
• Swimming Lessons: skilled volunteers are needed to teach area children how to swim. This lifesaving skill is critical for island residents.
• Sewing: teach area mothers how to create dresses, shirts and other clothing items.
- Complete immersion in St. Lucian culture.
- Work with St. Lucians to support children who need it most.
- All logistics (except for international airfare) arranged by our staff, so you can focus on volunteering.
- Global Volunteers' policy: safety trumps everything. Volunteers are well taken care of by their Team Leader while on a service program.
- Explore the gorgeous natural beauty and learn about the culture of the island.
In St. Lucia, you can directly change the arc of children’s lives and invest in the futures of generations to come. Global Volunteers’ community partnerships in St. Lucia ensure that your contributions build on a long-term plan for the educational and nutritional development of children and youth in the Anse la Raye District. You’re assigned to one of five discreet work project groups providing service that is essential to the community, based upon your professional skills and general interests. Together with your teammates, you work hand-in-hand with local caregivers, teachers, and other community leaders to cultivate the life-long potential of every community member – and the island’s legacy.
Your help can improve the lives of St. Lucian children and their families. Check out our website for more information!