World Endeavors: Volunteer in Tanzania

Home to the snow-capped peaks of Mt. Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti, and the legendary Zanzibar, Tanzania makes for an experience like no other. World Endeavors volunteers in Tanzania make a difference in the community as they work alongside local people to build a brighter future for this extraordinary country. Choose from a variety of projects including Health Education and Women's Development. Visit the World Endeavors website for more information.

Miriam

"African" Dream

I've always dreamed to go to Africa. I made my dream come true the 22nd of July 2017.
Thanks to World Endeavors I had the opportunity to choose the right program for me instead of being lost. World Endeavors offers the opportunity to do different kind of activities such taking care of "wild animals" or being a teacher, for example. I was undecided until the end and then I chose to become a teacher for 21 days. It was a great and formative experience. I had the opportunity to challenge some of my fear and to learn the best way to live in difficult situation. Initially, it was hard. It is not easy to adapt to a culture really different from yours but at the end I realized that these difficulties made my a better person and they allowed my to gain some soft skills. I'm sure I'll travel again with World Endeavors... who knows... maybe I'll go to Thailand to cuddle little elephants!

About World Endeavors

World Endeavors was founded in 2002 with a single volunteer program in Nepal. Today, World Endeavors offers study, volunteer, and intern abroad programs in over thirty countries, with new programs being added each year. We are passionate about...