Bamboo's most popular volunteer tour takes you through two of South-East Asia's most exciting countries with a group of like-minded people, fully supported by experienced guides.
Starting in Thailand's iconic capital, Bangkok, you'll travel to the north-eastern province of Surin for an unforgettable few days getting up close and personal with the majestic elephants and living amongst the beautiful people that call this place home. Help out with micro development projects which benefit not only the welfare of the elephants but also the local communities that protect them.
After five days here, waving goodbye to your new-found friends you'll head over the border to Cambodia and on to the chilled-out city of Siem Reap. Here you'll get to work with NGOs at various community projects as well as experience the awesome temples of Angkor Wat.
*Tours for 18 and over or 50+ are available.
- Guided city tour of Bangkok's best landmarks
- Spend time with the magnificent Elephants of Surin
- Give back in the rural villages of Siem Reap on one of our amazing projects
- Experience a traditional Thai home stay in the Elephant Village
- Taste authentic Thai and Khmer cuisine