GIVE Thailand Volunteer Excursion

Our Thailand program is all about showing you the authentic side of this amazingly beautiful country and its people. Immerse yourself in Thai culture and remote hill-tribe communities working alongside locals on a variety of sustainable agriculture, reforestation and English education projects. Your Thailand volunteer trip culminates with bamboo rafting, elephant trekking (through the jungle!) and bungee jumping! There’s no better introduction to Southeast Asia than volunteering in Thailand.

Extend your trip with GIVE's Southeast Asia Package! Cross borders and save $500 by combining Thailand and Laos into a 4-week journey.

• Experience Chiang Mai culture and nightlife
  • Volunteer in a remote hill tribe community
  • Taste local cuisine
  • Help build your own bamboo raft

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Katie

Genuinely a life-changing experience!

I had such a special trip with GIVE. The two weeks completely changed my perspective on the world and my attitude to life. One of the unique things about GIVE is that they converse with the village chiefs before starting projects to ensure that volunteers are giving the locals what they want and need! This makes you feel like you're actually making a positive impact on people's lives. You'll also gain a huge appreciation for simple village life learning so much about their culture and how to be happy as GIVE find culture emersion very important! My guides also shared how important it is to keep a positive attitude throughout the trip and this is something that has stuck with me helping me live a happier life. I really can't recommend this company enough and I can't wait to sign up for my next trip! Thank you so much!!

Amanda

AMAZING

Saying GIVE volunteer trips will "change your life" isn't a gimmick. There's a reason I will (and constantly do) spend hours talking about GIVE and my experiences on these trips. Even though my vocabulary always shrinks to one word: amazing. Amazing trips, amazing countries, amazing cultures, amazing food, amazing adventures, and amazing people. With GIVE, you're not a typical tourist, you're a volunteer; you become a part of these countries and the countries become a part of you. The Thailand excursion was a fantastic way to experience the country and culture, while making a big impact with a lot of great people. I felt very safe and cared for the entire time. There is plenty of time to explore and so much to do on this trip. I highly recommend joining GIVE Volunteers!
Change your life, change the world, and be the roots of change.

Eme

Best Decision of My Life

This trip was hands-down the best thing I ever did. It taught me so much about myself, and about the impact we as humans have on the world. Not only did I feel safe 100% of the time, but the staff made you feel like family. They take care of you and make sure you feel welcomed at all times. It was a complete cultural immersion without the anxiety of being in a new environment. It was a truly authentic experience and gave me some of my favorite moments in my life thus far. These people and this place taught me the most valuable lessons I've ever learned. If you're on the fence about the program, stop holding yourself back. Let go and take a trip that will fill every cup that's empty in your life (or maybe overflow ones already filled.) Good Vibes Forever <3

Leann

Thailand Excursion 2017

The volunteer excursion with GIVE was unique from any volunteer trip I had ever been on. Our GIVE tour guides, Hayley and Tyler, were very knowledgeable and familiar with the community's we were serving which provided us with a unique experience. We were able to immerse ourselves in the Thai culture and work together with other community members to develop plans of action and work as a team to accomplish community goals. One of my favorite things about the trip was learning firsthand from the villagers what they felt they needed and then working alongside them to help bring positive change to their villages. Everything we did was not only a learning experience but a great time! This trip was full of activities as well as volunteer experiences. We went cave exploring, bungee jumping, spent time with the elephants, and explored the temples. I made lifelong friends and would reccomend this trip to anyone!

Julia

Perfect combination of service and adventure

My GIVE trip opened my eyes in ways I never could have expected. Getting to work alongside locals in a community across the world showed me the power of human connection despite the cultural barriers between us. The work that GIVE does is sustainable and ethical. I felt good about the impact that we had in the communities we worked with. GIVE also allowed me to explore and adventure in the incredible beauty of Thailand while always feeling 100% safe. Getting to hike through the jungle to find elephants was one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. The guides that GIVE employs are knowledgeable, responsible, and inspiring people. I would recommend this trip to anyone looking to step outside their comfort zone and experience all that the world has to offer.

Jozlin

MUST GO

Not only was this trip an adventure and a way to see the world, it truly changed my life. Seeing Thai lifestyle and being able to help people in need is something I will never forget. It changes your way of thinking in the states, makes you realize how much life has to offer, and pushes you out of your comfort zone in a way that isn’t available otherwise. This trip had the best counselors, the most awesome people from around the world that you’ll have a lifelong connection with, and will show you what is truly important in your life going forward. Over there, it feels like anything is possible! The cultural difference you will experience in Chang Mai is very different from what you will see in the mountains. Children are very shy but playful, and seeing and working with kids in the schools is the best part of everyday. They are so grateful and fun to work with. You’ll learn how to build rafts from bamboo and float down the river to other locations, it’s so peaceful and exciting and being surrounded by people sharing this new experience will be one of the best things you do.

Everything was perfect, from comfort levels to food to the day trips. Dan, Yanee, and Hayley do an amazing job of making this trip extremely fun and valuable at the same time.
Chastity

GO ON THIS TRIP!

GIVE Volunteers changed my life. It’s hard to believe my trip was almost three years ago, because I genuinely think about it every single day. The way I think about the world hasn’t been the same ever since I went to Thailand. GIVE is more than just a volunteer trip, it’s a way to understand the world a little bit more, to cross paths with people from all different walks of life, and to learn and experience things you might not have the chance to otherwise. Who else can say they helped build a bamboo raft and then used it for 3 days straight? Pretty badass if you ask me. But really, if you’re thinking about going on this trip stop thinking and just do it! You won’t regret it, I think every single one of us will back that statement up.

Drew

Thailand 2015

I had always wanted to go to Thailand. This was a fantastic experience. The Land of Smiles is the perfect place to be and when I have the chance to go back, I will definitely be returning to this beautiful place.

We started out by visiting some of the hill-tribe villages, learning their handicrafts and some activities from the locals (like cooking authentic Thai meals). We had the opportunity to build bamboo rafts with the locals and then cruise down the Mae Taeng River through other villages. We spent a whole day with wild elephants, trekking through the jungles to find them, taking them to a river where we had the chance to bathe and feed a couple of them as well. It was a day and an experience that I will Never forget. We ended our journey zip-lining through the canopies of the jungle on our way back to Chiang Mai.
I made some friends on this 2 week adventure that I still speak to, to this day. Our project within each community (like the water tanks and community center) really opened my eyes and allowed me to appreciate the things I have at home. The trip impacted me on a personal level and forever altered my view on the way I live my life.

About GIVE Volunteers

GIVE is an established leader in sustainable volunteer and adventure travel offering meaningful trips in Nepal, Tanzania, Thailand, Laos, and Nicaragua. We are dedicated to inspiring growth, empowering global citizens, and igniting sustainable change...