GIVE Thailand Rural Reforestation & Wildlife Conservation

A little yoga at the GIVE Accommodations with new friends made family
A little yoga at the GIVE Accommodations with new friends made family
English Education
English Education

Our Thailand program is all about showing you the authentic side of this amazingly beautiful country and its people. Immerse yourself in Thai culture and remote hill-tribe communities working alongside locals on a variety of sustainable agriculture, reforestation and English education projects. Your Thailand volunteer trip culminates with bamboo rafting, elephant trekking (through the jungle!) and bungee jumping! There’s no better introduction to Southeast Asia than volunteering in Thailand.

Extend your trip with GIVE's Southeast Asia Package! Cross borders and save $500 by combining Thailand and Laos into a 4-week journey.

• Experience Chiang Mai culture and nightlife
  • Volunteer in a remote hill tribe community
  • Taste local cuisine
  • Help build your own bamboo raft

2020 Trip Dates are Here!

Check out our new 2020 dates and our newest location, Vietnam!

Katherine

Experience of a lifetime

This trip was one of the best two weeks that I have experienced. It completely blew away my expectations, between the people, the food, and the culture. Everything we did on this trip and were apart of in some way helped the local community. Our group helped in spreading our wealth & resources by visiting many different villages and getting the opportunity to learn about the different cultures and the things that they spend their time on (basket weaving, weaving clothes, etc.), while feeling totally apart of their community. As individuals, we learned the importance of voting with your dollar and supported many local villages around Chiang Mai. In our volunteer work, we were able to work in the schools in Muang Khong and teach the kids English, which was just as impactful on me as it was on them. Working on the permaculture sites also opened my eyes to how hard working and driven everyone is to be as self- sustainable as possible, and being so passionate about everything that they do, no matter how difficult it may be. We were also able to trek for elephants and hang out with them, while learning about responsible elephant tourism and the importance of it. This trip was a very positive experience and changed my outlook of what it means to me to be a global citizen.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I think to me what was most surprising was going into the schools. Between learning that the kids don't get much attention from their teachers, and even just seeing the conditions of the school and classrooms, I was shocked at how eager they were to learn. Their excitement and determination was truly inspiring. It really showed me how much we made an impact on their lives in such a short period of time.
Lydia

Thailand will forever have my heart!

This trip was truly an adventure of a lifetime! The guides were fun, informative, caring, and did their absolute best at making sure everyone was having a fun and fulfilling experience. The views and adventures were amazing! Caving and rafting down the river were a couple of my favorite experiences. Getting to interact with the locals, learn skills from them, and experience their culture first-hand is a very special aspect of this trip. Hearing a school teacher talk about his appreciation for GIVE's work in his community is something that really impacted me and I will remember forever. Being able to support such amazing communities in Northern Thailand was such a fulfilling and humbling experience that I would recommend to anyone!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Bungee jumping was the most nerve-racking moment on the trip, but the guides and the group as a whole were all very supportive. From the beginning of the trip, the group deciding on the motto- "send it." We encouraged each other to "just go for it" and face as many fears as possible on this trip.
Justin

BEST TRIP EVER!

Wow! Coolest and most different experience of my life. Very adventurous, culturally immersive, and on the move. Reach villages you would never get to traveling on your own. So many incredible aspects of the trip including teaching English to elementary school kids, assisting with permaculture on an organic farm, hiking, caving, interacting with elephants, completing crafts with women in the villages, etc. GIVE is an incredible organization that travels responsibility and does a great job explaining their intentions and the behind-the-scene details of everything on the itinerary. Everyone who goes on these trips has an adventurous and giving heart, which leaves everyone bound to bond. I learned so much about Thailand, myself, and the world on this trip and would go back in a heart beat. Would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Mahana

Best decision you'll ever make

I first heard about this program sitting in class by a random loud kid running in and talking about elephants. As someone who adores elephants I was immediately intrigued by the idea and make it my goal to go on this trip to pursue my dream of seeing elephants. I had heard good things from other students in my school who also attended this trip but at the time i didn't know that after two weeks my life would do a 180. With this trip I was able to fully emerge myself in Thai culture with the locals. Each local I met and talked now holds a special place in my heart. Apart from learning a new culture first hand, I've made friends that will last a lifetime as well as unforgettable memories. I honestly recommend to just jump right into this trip and don't look back. you wont regret it.

For future travelers, keep an open mind throughout this whole trip. You will be present with situations you would never imagine yourself being in but at the end of the day you'll be glad you said yes to them.
Seth

Changed my view on the world

I went into this experience with little expectations and was surprised with the time of my life. I craved the adventure but what I didn't know was that this trip was gonna change my life. The relationships I created with my fellow volunteers, my guides, and many native Thai people filled my heart and I'll cherish these relationships for the rest of my life. I still got the adventure I craved but served in a totally different package. Helping elephants, bamboo rafting, bungee jumping, and staying up late with these newfound friends of mine made me never want to leave. This trip made me want to adventure not just for myself but to got out there and devote my time to the betterment of lives that need it most. I didn't wanna help people before I went on this trip but now I want to do it for the rest of my life.

Don't go in with expectations and you'll be awe struck at the things you'll learn. Unplug from your world back home and immerse yourself in this experience. Become a GIVE volunteer and it'll change your life.
Manuel

The Best Way to See and Impact the World

This trip was honestly one giant, amazing 2 week blur. It's amazing how much can be packed in only 2 weeks! GIVE and all of the people who run it are really amazing people who love what they do and dedicate their time to make sure every volunteer is having an amazing time! Not to mention the amazing volunteers I met and became friends with. Everyone is nervous when it comes to traveling to a different country, especially if it's your first time but I never once felt unsafe. We got to bungy jump, trek elephants, visit temples, bamboo rafting down the Mae Tang River, and make crafts with locals while also making an actual impact in the community. Getting to teach Thai kids English and see them grow academically was really the centerpiece of this trip. You learn so much about the culture and the amazing people in Thailand, and you also get to appreciate the fact that you have the power and resources to help another human being(s). You will definitely gain more from this experience than by visiting the country as a tourist! Impacting a community, marking off things in your bucket list, and growing as a person; reserve your spot and get ready to talk about it for years to come!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would definitely have taken a decent camera to take video and photos. With so many amazing things happening it can be great to have something to remind you of all of the crazy things you did and all of the amazing people you met. Journaling is also a decent alternative that many of the other volunteers did! Definitely do Laos while you're there!!!
Katie

Genuinely a life-changing experience!

I had such a special trip with GIVE. The two weeks completely changed my perspective on the world and my attitude to life. One of the unique things about GIVE is that they converse with the village chiefs before starting projects to ensure that volunteers are giving the locals what they want and need! This makes you feel like you're actually making a positive impact on people's lives. You'll also gain a huge appreciation for simple village life learning so much about their culture and how to be happy as GIVE find culture emersion very important! My guides also shared how important it is to keep a positive attitude throughout the trip and this is something that has stuck with me helping me live a happier life. I really can't recommend this company enough and I can't wait to sign up for my next trip! Thank you so much!!

Amanda

AMAZING

Saying GIVE volunteer trips will "change your life" isn't a gimmick. There's a reason I will (and constantly do) spend hours talking about GIVE and my experiences on these trips. Even though my vocabulary always shrinks to one word: amazing. Amazing trips, amazing countries, amazing cultures, amazing food, amazing adventures, and amazing people. With GIVE, you're not a typical tourist, you're a volunteer; you become a part of these countries and the countries become a part of you. The Thailand excursion was a fantastic way to experience the country and culture, while making a big impact with a lot of great people. I felt very safe and cared for the entire time. There is plenty of time to explore and so much to do on this trip. I highly recommend joining GIVE Volunteers!
Change your life, change the world, and be the roots of change.

Eme

Best Decision of My Life

This trip was hands-down the best thing I ever did. It taught me so much about myself, and about the impact we as humans have on the world. Not only did I feel safe 100% of the time, but the staff made you feel like family. They take care of you and make sure you feel welcomed at all times. It was a complete cultural immersion without the anxiety of being in a new environment. It was a truly authentic experience and gave me some of my favorite moments in my life thus far. These people and this place taught me the most valuable lessons I've ever learned. If you're on the fence about the program, stop holding yourself back. Let go and take a trip that will fill every cup that's empty in your life (or maybe overflow ones already filled.) Good Vibes Forever <3

Leann

Thailand Excursion 2017

The volunteer excursion with GIVE was unique from any volunteer trip I had ever been on. Our GIVE tour guides, Hayley and Tyler, were very knowledgeable and familiar with the community's we were serving which provided us with a unique experience. We were able to immerse ourselves in the Thai culture and work together with other community members to develop plans of action and work as a team to accomplish community goals. One of my favorite things about the trip was learning firsthand from the villagers what they felt they needed and then working alongside them to help bring positive change to their villages. Everything we did was not only a learning experience but a great time! This trip was full of activities as well as volunteer experiences. We went cave exploring, bungee jumping, spent time with the elephants, and explored the temples. I made lifelong friends and would reccomend this trip to anyone!

Julia

Perfect combination of service and adventure

My GIVE trip opened my eyes in ways I never could have expected. Getting to work alongside locals in a community across the world showed me the power of human connection despite the cultural barriers between us. The work that GIVE does is sustainable and ethical. I felt good about the impact that we had in the communities we worked with. GIVE also allowed me to explore and adventure in the incredible beauty of Thailand while always feeling 100% safe. Getting to hike through the jungle to find elephants was one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. The guides that GIVE employs are knowledgeable, responsible, and inspiring people. I would recommend this trip to anyone looking to step outside their comfort zone and experience all that the world has to offer.

Jozlin

MUST GO

Not only was this trip an adventure and a way to see the world, it truly changed my life. Seeing Thai lifestyle and being able to help people in need is something I will never forget. It changes your way of thinking in the states, makes you realize how much life has to offer, and pushes you out of your comfort zone in a way that isn’t available otherwise. This trip had the best counselors, the most awesome people from around the world that you’ll have a lifelong connection with, and will show you what is truly important in your life going forward. Over there, it feels like anything is possible! The cultural difference you will experience in Chang Mai is very different from what you will see in the mountains. Children are very shy but playful, and seeing and working with kids in the schools is the best part of everyday. They are so grateful and fun to work with. You’ll learn how to build rafts from bamboo and float down the river to other locations, it’s so peaceful and exciting and being surrounded by people sharing this new experience will be one of the best things you do.

Everything was perfect, from comfort levels to food to the day trips. Dan, Yanee, and Hayley do an amazing job of making this trip extremely fun and valuable at the same time.
Chastity

GO ON THIS TRIP!

GIVE Volunteers changed my life. It’s hard to believe my trip was almost three years ago, because I genuinely think about it every single day. The way I think about the world hasn’t been the same ever since I went to Thailand. GIVE is more than just a volunteer trip, it’s a way to understand the world a little bit more, to cross paths with people from all different walks of life, and to learn and experience things you might not have the chance to otherwise. Who else can say they helped build a bamboo raft and then used it for 3 days straight? Pretty badass if you ask me. But really, if you’re thinking about going on this trip stop thinking and just do it! You won’t regret it, I think every single one of us will back that statement up.

Drew

Thailand 2015

I had always wanted to go to Thailand. This was a fantastic experience. The Land of Smiles is the perfect place to be and when I have the chance to go back, I will definitely be returning to this beautiful place.

We started out by visiting some of the hill-tribe villages, learning their handicrafts and some activities from the locals (like cooking authentic Thai meals). We had the opportunity to build bamboo rafts with the locals and then cruise down the Mae Taeng River through other villages. We spent a whole day with wild elephants, trekking through the jungles to find them, taking them to a river where we had the chance to bathe and feed a couple of them as well. It was a day and an experience that I will Never forget. We ended our journey zip-lining through the canopies of the jungle on our way back to Chiang Mai.
I made some friends on this 2 week adventure that I still speak to, to this day. Our project within each community (like the water tanks and community center) really opened my eyes and allowed me to appreciate the things I have at home. The trip impacted me on a personal level and forever altered my view on the way I live my life.