View Other Details
1. SHARED (same gender) Standard hostel accommodation
2. Airport Pickup and drop-off
3. One Touristic tour & One trip to Touristic attraction in Istanbul
4. Two meals per day
5. Volunteering Program & location orientation
6. 24/7 in-country local Happiness Volunteers crew support
There is an urgent need to teach and practise English in the orphanage located in the Istanbul, Fatih or Nilfuer/Bursa. Due to the civil war happening in Syria, these orphans lost their dads and some both of their parents. Istanbul has been a shelter for them where some goes to school while others don’t. Teaching them English would be their chance for a better future wither to go abroad or work in future in the tourism industry “one of the biggest industries in Turkey”.
Volunteers are playing a vital sustainable role in the orphan’s lives. Volunteers work solo to teach or practice English communication with the children. These sessions is to improve the pronunciation and conversational skills of the orphans, we are not playing the “School” role here. Volunteers are welcome to bring in their own ideas to the table always.
- Affordable fees from $825 for 1 week
- Includes accommodation, meals, airport pick up, orientation and 24/7 support
- Help orphans improve their English language skills
- Explore the first capital for the ottoman empire in the world
OUR LONG LASTING GREEN FOOTPRINT
Making sure our programs sustainable with a green print. We make sure to place more than 200 volunteers every year. We maintain a consistent level of progress in our programs. There is a cap number of volunteers of every program too to make sure that the program is functional and sustainable.
OUR POLICY FOR CHILD PROTECTION
Happiness Volunteers acknowledge our duty of care towards children and vulnerable adults. We recognize our responsibilities to keep both of them safe and happy while engaged in our programs and activities.
HAPPINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT
Happiness volunteers programs are funded by the volunteers themselves while we make sure that we can make sure the fees are optimal. Therefore, we are not creating any financial burden on the destination we volunteer at.
At our accommodations, we take proper measures to effectively use energy and water consumption. Also, we reduce the usage of non-environmental friendly products in cleaning around the accommodation.