Volunteer with Community Child Development Orphanage in Uganda

Volunteer with Community Child Development Orphanage in Uganda

The Community Child Development Orphanage in Uganda has 100 orphan kids who really need the help of volunteers to keep them going.

CCDO is grateful to invite all volunteers who are willing to participate in doing the following programmes that go throughout the year.

- Sports, music, drama, drama, computer, English practice (spelling game) Fine Art and Debate programmes.
- Scholarship primary school building programmes (fundraise)
- Mental health counseling program.
- HIV/AIDS counseling programme for teens
- Carrier guidance programme for teens.
- Sponsorship & orphanage home building programme (fundraise)

Africa » Uganda » Iganga Town
Cost includes Air port pick up,accomodation,food,transport around,program material,and laundry
Sironko

Juan

Life changing experience

I volunteered for 3 weeks teaching at the school. The kids were lovely! The needs of education and infraestructurre in the area are big. The people over there are amazing. All the neighborhood received me very nicely and Dan, Hope and Alice helped me a lot and gave me all I needed. They are very committed with the cause and are genuine people.
I totally recommend to choose these types of experiences for life.
I would love to go back as soon as I get the opportunity.

Melissa
Eugene Oregon

Wonderful Orphanage

I got to spend a lot of time with the children. They have a beautiful mural of the world on one school room wall and I had fun showing the kids where I live and how far I traveled to see them. My first day there we had an impromptu lesson on the board making learning and drawing a fun game. Later in the week I taught the kids how to embroider. Those who already knew how to sew enjoyed having something fun to sew. And those who didn't know how to sew got to learn in a really fun way. The next week I got to teach the girls about their body and distributed Days For Girls kits. The teachers were supportive and helpful and the director was compassionate and involved with everything the kids did. I had a wonderful time and recommend this orphanage to anyone wanting to make a difference.

They need a secondary school to be built nearby.

Community Child Development Orphanage is a Christian founded registered Charity taking care of a number of orphan children in Uganda Sironko District through selling Art paintings and gardening.