View Other Details
Sometimes, all people need is a little head start, not a hand out. The program provides vital support to community members aiding local development through volunteers who have a strong understanding in business enterprises. African Volunteer Aid’s objectives in this program is to provide local communities members with the proper training to set up and run their local enterprises creating new local jobs and aiding them to break the cycle of poverty and hunger.
The main objective for Microbusiness Program is to assist beneficiaries in starting or expanding a business (Small Medium Enterprise), so that they can become self-sufficient. The long-term objective is for participants to expand their businesses and employ others as able.
These enterprises include craft market vendors, official tourist guides, juice pressers and fruit sellers, eco-camps, horticulture initiatives, small hotels and community associations.
- Self-sufficiency for talented youths and women entrepreneurs
- Breaking of the cycle of poverty
- Facilitation and encouragement of the entrepreneurial spirit in the quest for self-sufficiency
- Empowerment and self-sustenance
- Economic expansion and growth creating unlimited possibilities for all members of a community including, youth and women