We place you with Ugandan peers, using your natural skills to catalyze their start-up social enterprises. All the while, you’ll be enjoying discovering the real Uganda and learning about creating global social change. And you'll continue to volunteer remotely after your travels.
At the end of the 3 weeks, you will have helped ventures to progress with their strategic plans, and will depart with the intention to continue volunteering remotely with the friends from at least one venture.
- EFFECTIVE - Use your skills, fresh perspective, and passion to develop systemic development solutions, with the potential for helping many more people than they could physically interact with over a short-term trip.
- EQUITABLE - Peer-to-peer collaborations are the most appropriate form of international volunteering. You’re not going to be given undue decision-making power; you are going to have a real impact.
- ENDURING - Continue to be involved with your Ugandan partners over the internet on returning home. The trip is just the tip of the iceberg!
- EDUCATIONAL - Experiential learning is (by far!) the best way to learn about social entrepreneurship. UniTED’s initial training and on-going guidance provides a unique platform to attain important skills that will be useful throughout your career.
- ENJOYABLE - Out of peer-to-peer collaborations naturally flow friendships and a genuine experience of Ugandan culture with all its nuances – not just the typical foreign volunteer experience.