View Other Details
Little Light is an NGO working with the community of Namuwongo, one of the world's harshest slums, located in Kampala, Uganda. Our organization is operating a wide range of programs including:
* A sponsorship program that supports over 240 children ages 3 to 18 by providing free education, medical care, and empowerment.
* A youth group that empowers young people from the slum through life skills programs, helps in acquiring vocational training, and much more.
* A women's group program that provides empowerment, life skills, and financial stability and independence.
The organization was founded as a collaboration of Israelis, local workers, and volunteers from the community itself that believe in the power of the community. Our organization's highest priority is to build and support leadership from within the community that will continue working for the benefit of the community.
- Make a change for the better in the life of the poorest slum of Kampala
- Explore and become part of the unique community of Namuwongo slum.
- Share your skills and ideas! There is a lot to do and we encourage you to use your abilities and find new ways to make it.
- Participate in meaningful, responsible, and respectful volunteering.
- We offer you to take part in a once of a lifetime, exciting experience and encounter a unique and amazing culture.