DM12 Volunteer Opportunities

DM12 is a volunteer service commitment to communities impacted by natural disasters. This initiative is built on 15 years of disaster relief experience, and designed to make it safer for volunteers to work with us during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to many safety measures we have implemented, we support, train and cover the expenses of participants.

Please check our website for more information; on our volunteer page, you can apply for current DM12 opportunities and sign up for email updates.

• Personalized support from our Volunteer Coordination Team to ensure participants are fully prepared and trained.
  • Flight and local travel to the volunteer program, and a return flight home after completing the service commitment.
  • Accommodation while at the program and during any required layover or quarantine period.
  • Three meals per day for the duration of the program.
  • Small stipends to help cover costs during mandatory breaks.

Impact

122 Disaster Programs
20 Countries Served
309 Schools Completed and
115,000+ Children Back to School

Join our cause. Volunteer with All Hands and Hearts to have a greater impact on a community in need.

Volunteer Applications are now open!

Volunteer applications for our DM12 Programs are now open! Join All Hands and Hearts as we work to rebuild communities affected by disasters. Our programs range from COVID-19 Relief work in Los Angeles to rebuilding homes in Louisiana to rebuilding schools in The Bahamas and rebuilding after Hurricanes Iota and Eta in Guatemala. Find out about our new and upcoming programs below.

Popular Programs

The aftermath of hurricanes Eta and Iota

Join our efforts as we begin our work in Guatemala following the devastation of hurricanes Iota and Eta. Working alongside community members, our response team will assist with projects that include the provision of a community center and associated water, sanitation and hygiene (WaSH) infrastructure. Learn about ground up construction on a community center, rainwater catchment systems, and of course the use of hand and power tools!

All Hands and Hearts volunteers packaging food in a warehouse

Be one of our volunteers that aims to assemble 15,000 emergency meal kits, distribute 60,000 meals to families in need and orchestrate 30,000 COVID-19 tests and 50,000 vaccinations on a weekly basis. Our recently vaccinated team of essential workers has provided food for more than 414,000 people and facilitated over 355,229 COVID-19 tests! You’ll continue to work with LA Food Bank and CORE to assist with COVID-19 Relief. We include food, lodging, travel, and training at no cost to volunteers.

A volunteer uses a circular saw on a 2x4

Join us on program to rebuild communities damaged by Hurricane Dorian. You’ll be part of a team of volunteers dedicated to rebuilding schools and residential homes in some of the most devastated areas. We have two programs, one in Marsh Harbour and one in Dundas Town where we are working to rebuild Every Child Counts and Little Darlings Academy and have a Resilient Roof Repair program in the works for residential homes. We include food, lodging, travel, and training at no cost to volunteers.

• 9-10 rating 64.29%
  • 7-8 rating 28.57%
  • 5-6 rating 7.14%
Valeria

Amazing

All hands projects have giving me a lot of knlowledge and fun. I love hands on projects in construction and with all hands we do all the time. The work is hard but is amazing to know that all my effort is for the kids that really need the help! All hands projects have giving me a lot of knlowledge and fun. I love hands on projects in construction and with all hands we do all the time. The work is hard but is amazing to know that all my effort is for the kids that really need the help! amazing!!!

Find time for yourself while live on base and work hard on site
Kaitlin

cool project

i really like ahah, and have volunteered on a few projects pre covid. they are better, but the fact that this organization is able to run entire volunteer stuff in the middle of a pandemic and keep everyone looked after is pretty amazing. I would definitely recommend this program for anyone with a drive to work hard and meet new people. and i need 150 more characters to get this review submitted. what kind of website puts a minimum for something like this.. kinda strange gooverseas. anyways, shout out to ahah, it has been a great time.

come ready to work hard and get dirty! The staff go out of their way to make sure that all your needs are met and that you are well taken care of, especially in this covid context. You will learn a ton about construction processes and tools as well as interpersonal skills around teamwork and shit like that.
Jenny

All Hands and Hearts DM12 Los Angeles

All Hands and Hearts offer both domestic and international programs that serve disaster affected communities. The Los Angeles DM12 program focuses on Covid 19 relief work and is a 3 month commitment. There is no cost to volunteer with this organization, and food and housing are provided while on project.

The focus of the project works with local NGOs to provide testing, vaccines and food box preparation/distribution to those in need. The work is much needed and rewarding. The layout for the project work is rotated weekly which provides variation and aids to help in many areas.

If you have a hammock, bring it. You have evenings and weekends to use at your leisure and base is situated in a beautiful campground at the base of the mountains.
Kyana

LA DM 12

I am grateful I had the opportunity to join this program. It was an enjoyable, impactful and practicable experience. The program accommodates and takes good care of their volunteers from flights, living accommodations and meals — I was never hungry lol. The area was beautiful and safe. The partner programs were helpful and welcoming when working at the different sites and locations. I commend the staff for being supportive and present while adapting to all of the different personalities and needs of each volunteer.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Cactus
Kymber

DM12 Los Angeles

All Hands and Hearts DM 12 programs offer a unique opportunity to serve and meet community needs in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Los Angeles program specifically offers a nice variety of work, caring and supportive staff, as well as a beautiful location. The program also takes Covid-19 precautions very seriously, which helps volunteers feel safe and comfortable working in the field. Overall, it has been an incredibly rewarding experience to be apart of. If you’re considering it, I would definitely encourage you to go!

Say yes to this amazing opportunity to serve, meet new people, and explore a beautiful location.
Juan

Good experience helping

New cultures, new places, new experiences. The people is really interesting, the food es absolutely good and the staff have all organize to us. Is good experience for people the other countrys and local people. I want come back soon y know new opportunities to help.
I believe that is a beautiful program.
I from Colombia and this serve me to improve my English which natives and pruricultural people.
The condition the program are really good, the camp Bob Waldorf and staff are comfortable to everyone.
They are pending de ereryone and Always answered all question about anything

More inclusión en languages to people of other countrys
Rolando

My Review

Camp bob is a scene for those searching for peace, adventure & fun. It’s a place where anyone is invited and the energy is youthful and mystical quite at times. The people and staff really enhance everything and that’s what’s stood out to me the most. The events that this camp hosts is what makes it so endearing as it brings you to a grounded space of welcoming amongst strangers. You can tell there’s been lots of historical and magical moments here and I’m quite in awe knowing I get to create my own awe moments with the people I am with.

What was your funniest moment?
Late nights with great people! Lots and lots of laughs!
Grace

All Hands & Hearts fights COVID-19

I worked with AHAH on a DM 12 in Los Angeles County supporting covid-19 vaccination and testing sites. The AHAH team was wondering and took our safety and time seriously, while providing a supportive network! I highly recommend this program to those who haven't participated in service programs before as a way to stick a toe in the water and see if long term service projects are for you. All Hands and Hearts programs truly give you the opportunity to make a difference and be embraced by a community!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Seeing the vaccination sites and Los Angeles really come back to life from the pandemic was amazing!