Make a REAL difference in Zambia - From just US$280!

Volunteer with Love Volunteers in Zambia to help make a difference! Volunteer projects are located in Mwandi, two hours drive from Livingstone, on the shores of the mighty Zambezi River. Volunteers have the opportunity to teach various subjects, work with orphans, help out at hospitals and clinics, or participate in our amazing construction project. Volunteers on any of these projects stay with one of our friendly local host families.

While volunteering in Zambia may be a challenging experience, it can also be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life! Visit the Love Volunteers website for more information.

Current Love Volunteers Programs in Zambia:

Mud House Construction
Childcare & Development
Education Support
Medical Internship

Volunteer anywhere from 2 weeks to 24 months
Make a noticeable impact in the communities you serve

Hi Brynna, according to the program page you need to be at least 18 years old.

Tracy

Zambia - The Real Africa

I was very happy when I found Love Volunteers. Not only do they have programs all over the world, they are also economical! I took a bit of a risk when signing up to go to Zambia as there weren't any reviews of LV volunteers there. That being said, it was the best decision ever!

I saw other programs available for Zambia at twice the price! I ran into some of the programs in Zambia and am glad I didn't end up signing up with them. With the local NGO LV partners with you get more of cultural experience and you live in the bush! Don't let that scare you thought, you still get a chalet with showers, toilets, nets, pillows and great cooks. Most importantly you get to know the locals, whether it be the locals whom you'll work alongside with or the locals whose house your building or the neighbours.

The NGO also has an option for a Botswana Safari which is reasonably price considering you go to different parks, accommodations and transportation.

If you want the real Africa, go to Zambia. If you want to truly contribute to the local community, volunteer with Love Volunteers. All the money you pay (except admin fee) goes to the local NGO, which in turns buys material for volunteers, hosts you, feeds you, and employs locals!

I couldn't have hoped for a better experience. Thank you to the LV team, the NGO, and the local Zambians!

A little more background on the local culture.
Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Tracy,
We are so pleased to hear we met our goal of providing an affordable volunteering placement that was rewarding for you, the volunteer, as well as making a real and lasting difference to the lives of indigent Zambians.
We work hard to find and vet our local partners and continue to ensure that our programs are worthwhile for everyone involved...and we make sure that 100% of the program fees goes to those organisations so they can keep doing what they do.
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review to help future volunteers know what the expect. All the best for the future!
The Team @ Love Volunteers

Steve

2 weeks in Zambia

Me and my wife spent an amazing 2 weeks roughing it in Mtendere East, Lusaka, Zambia in December 2011. We arrived on the coach from Vic Falls half way through a 3 month trek through Africa. Our chilled out policeman host met us at the bus station and our first adventure was the local bus to our compound over the rough untarmacced terrain.

After a night of pure fear and "what the hell are we doing here" we took a couple of days to get acclimatised before starting our 2 weeks in the orphanage. Unlike the stereotype, our orphans were aged from 9 upwards, and we had to entertain them with some educational help, such as maths tuition and English, creative art and games. WE were pretty much left to our own initiative, which was scary but at times but extremely rewarding. The highlight was definitely taking the kids to the local waterpark, a pure treat and the excitement of the kids was special.

Love Volunteers were always accessible by email (when we ventured out to the shopping malls for a bit of R&R) and keen to know how we were doing. OUr host was eager to please, but chilled out and let us get on with it. The living was basic. Water from a borehole, no fridge, Nshima rather too regularly and roaches and lizards on the walls. But that made it even more of an adventure.

I'd say Love volunteers is a great organisation for seeing the true Africa. We were the only two Mazungu in Mtendere so felt truly embedded. Great value and a superb experience.

Response from Love Volunteers

Dear Steve,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a comprehensive review. It's so useful to future volunteers to get inside the heads of those who have been there and done it.
I especially liked your comment "We were pretty much left to our own initiative, which was scary but at times but extremely rewarding." Volunteers are often required to be creative and pro-active and it's useful to know this in advance and prepare.
We're so pleased you had a rewarding adventure - what an amazing contribution you and your wife gave to the orphaned children in Zambia!
Hopefully we'll have you join us again sometime, somewhere!
The Team @ Love Volunteers.

About Love Volunteers

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We...