With truly awe-inspiring natural wonders, an abundance of wildlife, and incredible landscapes, Zambia is an unforgettable country for the adventurous and responsible traveller. Zambia's people are hugely kind and welcoming, and their warmth makes for a very safe place to explore.
With the Zambezi river, Victoria falls, Hwange National Park and one of the world's most important lion breeding programs, Zambia is an unforgettable location. However, like many African countries, Zambia still struggles with low resources surrounding healthcare and education. Kaya Responsible Travel offer numerous volunteer placements which allow you to travel through and experience the real Zambia, whilst giving back to the community that welcomes you. From sports coaching, to community development, teaching, healthcare, and even lion rehabilitation - there is a project for everyone keen to immerse themselves into Zambian culture, and to travel responsibly.
- Live and work within Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, a stone’s throw from the lion enclosures and the mighty Zambezi River.
- Empower local women and girls in Livingstone
- Volunteer in teaching and community work, supporting local schools challenged by large class numbers
- Contribute to the welfare and rehabilitation of lions
- In your free time visit the famous Zambezi river and Victoria Falls, hike through the forest and dare to swim in the devil’s pool, or sign up for activities like rafting, abseiling and bungee jumping