Volunteer in Zambia with IVHQ from $21/day | Most Affordable & Trusted
View Other Details
Trusted by 124,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the world's most popular volunteer programs in Zambia and 50+ other destinations around the world. Choose from 6 meaningful projects based in and around Livingstone - a town in southwestern Zambia, a few kilometers from the Zambezi River.
Our programs in Zambia span 1 to 16 weeks, so when you’re not giving back to the local community, you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in Zambian culture and join IVHQ’s exclusive add-ons, such as exploring Victoria Falls and nearby national parks, bungee jumping, white water rafting and more.
Your fully-hosted experience includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a dormitory-style volunteer house with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.
Ready to make a difference? Join our community of 124,000+ travelers who’ve spent over 7 million hours giving back.
Video and Photos
- IVHQ’s Zambia programs are available year-round, starting the first and third Monday of every month
- Fully-hosted volunteer experience from only $360 for 1 week - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
- You’ll be joining a global network of 124,000+ volunteers backed by the world’s leading team of volunteer travel experts with an outstanding safety system and track record
- Support impact-driven volunteer projects run by locals within your host community
- Flexible booking and free changes so you can register with confidence
If you’re looking for a teaching project in Africa that goes beyond the ordinary, then the Rural Teaching project in Zambia is exactly what you’re after. This is an immersive volunteer experience where you’ll be based in a Zambian village, getting a unique insight into African life while making a real difference in the education of children.
Shadow local medical professionals and gain an understanding of Zambia's healthcare system. Placements are dependent on your skillset, and could include laboratory testing, pharmacy, maternity, gynecology and family planning, optometry, HIV/AIDS, nutrition and pediatrics.
Help local builders with hands-on work to build and improve community centers, toilet facilities and schools in poor communities where labor is often hard to find. If you are someone who enjoys being outdoors and has a good level of fitness and a willingness to learn, this is the perfect project for you.