View Other Details
You pay £500 of the course fees in advance when you enrol yourself.
Accommodation: Students and staff live at the college, mostly in double rooms with shared bathrooms and toilets. Our accommodation buildings are not new but very cosy, and they have laundry, tea kitchen and TV room for watching movies and playing games. Cleaning and garden work we also organise together and do it ourselves. (Great for learning organisational and practical skills!)
Food & Drink: We have a self-catering system and all take turns to cook, bake bread and wash the dishes in our common Big Kitchen.
Join us here at the college to learn and train to become a Development Instructor. Help in solidarity with projects in Africa or India with Humana and local communities.
Period One - 3 months of Studies, training and actions based at CICD: You will join a team of other students from all over the world and will train to become Development Instructors. The preparations are both theoretical and practical!
Period Two - 6 months of volunteering in an African country or in India: You will be working in areas such as Education of Children and Adults, Training of primary school teachers, Health campaigns, Food Security and Farming, Environmental sustainability and more.
Period Three - 1 month of Conclusion and Call to Action in Europe: You will then return to CICD to digest and share your experiences.
Certifications you will gain:
- Field Work Certification from Humana People to People
- Development Instructor Certification from CICD
- You will be learning and training to become a Development Volunteer
- You will join a team of other students from all over the world
- You will also participate in out-of-school investigations, bicycle / hitch-hiking trips and community actions
- You will go to volunteer for 6 months in either an African country or India, where you will be working with a project run by the NGO Humana People to People and the local community.
- You will work with children, parents, farmers, teachers, local leaders, national government to help tackle the root causes of poverty and together with them build sustainable and thriving communities