Kaya Volunteer Programs in Zimbabwe

Two nurses work together
Two nurses work together
Tent accommodation
Tent accommodation

Zimbabwe is a remarkable country, from its immensely diverse landscapes to its plethora of African wildlife. With bright msasa trees that look like fire, to chilled out towns, green mountains and rivers - in Zimbabwe you can experience national parks alive with the African Big 5, discover World Heritage–listed archaeological sites, and visit one of the natural wonders of the world - Victoria Falls.

Join Kaya as a volunteer in Zimbabwe and have direct involvement in lion rehabilitation, wildlife orphanage volunteering, or wildlife conservation research. Alongside wildlife projects, Kaya Responsible Travel also offer a medical support and health awareness placement based in Antelope Park.

• Volunteer in wildlife conservation and assist on predator monitoring, elephant and giraffe, and overall wildlife preservation and habitat conservation initiatives
  • Gain first-hand experience of wildlife rescue, rehabilitation and release in one of Africa’s oldest wildlife sanctuaries
  • Volunteer on a world-first lion breeding and rehabilitation project, supported by leading ecologists in the field
  • Join a project as a healthcare volunteer and participate in medical support and health awareness
  • Travel the enchanting country of Zimbabwe in your free time, and visit such places as Hwange National Park, Victoria Falls, or World Heritage-listed Khami Ruins

We’ve updated our refund & cancelation policy to allow for flexible booking due to COVID-19

Book now with zero deposit on any Kaya program - and be guaranteed the lowest prices for 2020 and 2021 programs

Edel

An amazing month

I had the most amazing time in Zimbabwe! I met the best people ( a lot of them local) and had an amazing experience! I worked with all kinds of animals from sheep and guinea pigs to lions and baboons! So the spectrum of animals you can work with is really wide and that was also a huge bonus! I learned a lot and I also had the opportunity to visit local schools and tell kids about some of the animals that I worked with on a daily basis! I was located in Bulawayo and it was completely different to anywhere I had traveled before! The local people I met were some of the friendliest, kindest and most humble people I have came across! They were also very family oriented and positive! And the food was also amazing! It really was an amazing month!