- Buenos Aires
View Other Details
This Pizarts: Dance Gap Year program is designed to give dancers the opportunity to immerse themselves in dance, experimental theater, and teaching, all with the goal of learning how to do so using the Spanish language. Participants begin with a pre-departure orientation in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Four weeks of rehearsal and classes will take place in the capital, alongside local artists, to curate an original work that will be presented in Buenos Aires. Trips to Uruguay, to Mar de Plata, and Olavarria are included in the first part of the adventure.
Participants will then move to Cordoba, where they will live with a host family, begin courses in Spanish with a focus in teaching dance and art terminology, followed by classes in the evening in styles selected by each participant: hip hop, contemporary, ballet, jazz, and more. Cultural courses include dance forms, folklore, tango, silks, and flamenco.
- Experience the art of dance and experimental theater through an Argentinean lens.
- Learn how to use the Spanish language to teach dance and engage with locals.
- Live and collaborate with artists for a month in Buenos Aires to present a final work.
- Study full time for two months in Cordoba language courses tailored to dance and art terminology.
- Explore adventurous expeditions on the weekends with travelers like yourself.