- Byron Bay
- Sunshine Coast
- Great Barrier Reef
View Other Details
Calling all ocean lovers! Australia hosts breathtaking coastlines, tropical islands, and oceans that are home to a vast and colorful array of marine wildlife. During this gap year program, you will connect yourself to the land and the sea as you support a range of marine and environmental conservation projects, from protecting the marine and coral diversity of the Great Barrier Reef to preparing food for sick and injured turtles at a rescue center. If you are committed to making a positive change for our oceans and the planet so that future generations can continue to enjoy nature's beauty, this Australia Program is for you!
There will be plenty of ways to discover the rich biodiversity of Australia's oceans, waterways, and wetlands by heading out on exciting water adventures too. Peek into the magical underwater world by snorkeling in Byron Bay and Moreton Island, spot whales and dolphins on coastal walks, ride waves to your heart's content during a multi-day surf camp!
- Get hands-on with marine conservation in the world-famous Great Barrier Reef
- Learn to ride waves during a multi-day surf camp on Australia's East Coast
- Jump aboard a Mari Nawi (Big Canoe) and learn about the Aboriginal culture and history
- Give a helping hand to a turtle rescue center that provides care for sick and injured marine turtles
- Try your hand at boomerang throwing and observe traditional spear-throwing