Get an Au Pair job in Australia for Free!

Beautiful Australian Coastline with child playing.
Beautiful Australian Coastline with child playing.
Beach Living in Australia.
Beach Living in Australia.
Au Pair Fun
Au Pair Fun
Happy people splashing in the ocean at sunset.
Happy people splashing in the ocean at sunset.
Ocean Views
Ocean Views

Just Graduated? Gap Year? Australia?

Escape the end of summer blues… We have just the ticket you’ve been looking for….

Are you going to graduate soon, or have you graduated or are you thinking about taking a gap year? Do you love looking after children? May be working as an Au Pair (a live-in nanny) is for you!

Top positions available for up to 12 months. Most roles offer up to 30 hours per week with weekly pocket money of up to $AU300 plus at least 2 free days each week. All food and accommodation are provided.

Many graduates across the world are wanting to do explore the world but have no idea where to start or the time to think about it. Stress no more.

Immediate opportunities available in Melbourne ( just voted one of the most liveable cities in the world – again!) and Sydney– the best of beach living and city living in one…

• No Agency Fees for Candidates
  • Personalized, Tailored Process
  • Professional Families Offering Top Roles in Prime Locations
  • Professionals In Recruitment
  • Placements Available Throughout The Year - Immediate & Future Start Dates

Hi Kelsie, Claire has answered your question, however, I just wanted to add that most Au Pairs have very similar schedules, so seeing your friend during the day is very achievable! Even if you have pre-schoolers, organise a picnic or go to the same park. I know it can be daunting to be alone in a new environment, but just remember, everyone else is in the same boat! Good luck! :)

Ella

Kiwi Au Pair

Coming straight out of university, this program was a perfect way to have a 'gap year' with employment and housing all in one package. Because you are moving overseas by yourself, having a family environment really made transition easier. I had a really awesome 12 months with my family, growing with the children as I learnt about myself at the same time. I made some really great friends too, who also moved to Australia through Niche Au Pairs. On our weekends we would explore the nature of Victoria area, or spend time in the city - great bars, shopping, and food!
I highly recommend doing something like this if you're unsure about what to do after uni, or want to travel with a little more sense of security.
Having a business like Niche Au Pairs helps with the process as it gives a contact person outside of the family if you really aren't feeling comfortable. Claire was very supportive and ensured the family I got was very well suited to the person I am!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Finding the family at the airport when I didn't have any way to contact them! It was scary, a new city, busy airport but I kept myself calm and started walking towards an exit which I would easily be able to describe while keeping an eye out for them. I managed to recognise one of the children from out skype interviews! Phew!
Viktoria

Best au pair organisation !

Niche Au Pair is definitely the best organisation I’ve ever heard about!

Most (German) organisations costs a lot of money, they need hundreds of documents and in the end you aren’t even happy with your family. Niche a unpair is different: you don’t have to pay for the services, Claire is really really friendly and helpful and my host family was simply the best family I could think of.
I had a few friends from niche as well because Claire connects everyone very well. You’ll get an email from her with the contacts from other au pairs and then you just get in touch with them, works perfectly :)

If you think about going overseas you should really keep niche au pair in mind and maybe you’ll be able to have the same amazing experience as I had .

Jessica

Melbourne Au pair

I loved my time as an Au Pair! I was with a beautiful family in Melbourne. It was a great experience to learn another culture and meet lots of life long friends along the way. There is a great au pair network in Melbourne through Niche as well as Facebook, it was so easy making friends. Melbourne is also such a fun city! There is something for everyone to do. I'm a bit of a foodie so I enjoyed it. Melbourne is know for sporting events, taking in a the Australian open tennis was one of the highlights of my trip.

Caire at Niche did a great job matching me and my family, we had so many things in common. It was very busy and stressfull at time but there were always laughs and good times too. Me and my family still keep in tough. I would highly recommend!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Snowboard all winter in Aus! My Family happened to be avid downhill skiers and had a cabin at my bullet. Just my luck, I didn't have to miss the ski season after all. During the school holidays me and the 3 kids were at the mountain full time and it was the funniest 2 weeks.
Hannah

Excellent, supportive experience with a personal touch

Niche Au Pairs was brilliant. It is a small company, so you really feel looked after, which, when you're travelling to a completely new country, is very comforting. Claire helped me find a family that really suited my expectations and personality, and did not give up if we hadn't found the right fit. Once we'd found a family, she provided me with all the information that I might need to prepare for my trip. It all felt very organised and professional.

When in Australia, she was great at keeping in touch and making sure that everything was running smoothly. She introduced me to other au pairs, and was very easy to contact and talk to. Overall, my experience in Australia was amazing, and I'm so glad that I chose to do it through the friendly, bespoke Niche Au Pairs.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Meeting my host family for the first time!

Everyone is nervous - so you've just got to take a deep breath and go for it!
Georgia

Leeds > Melbourne

I went through Niche Au Pair, after hearing exciting information from a friend who had been out in Australia before through Niche. I was eager to get my self there as well. Niche Au Pair helped me get to Australia it was very easy and had lots of support. All my questions were answered and I gained a lot more information about the city I was going too as well! I was worried about making friends and not meeting other people but I was 100% wrong Niche au pair put your name out there to all the other au pairs. I would definite recommend to go through them. You’ll have a incredible time as you’ll be able to tell all your family you’ve been to Australia. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity. From boarding your flight to landing it’s amazing.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
It was going to the family’s house but there changed as the moment I met them.
Charlotte

Unforgettable experience!

I was so happy when I found Niche Au Pairs. The first step was speaking to Claire and telling her about my interests, hobbies and what kind of family I was looking for. Claire found the perfect family for me. Claire really took the time to get to know me which resulted in the perfect match. I couldn’t wait to meet them!

The process was very straightforward and made me feel confident that this was the right decision. Once I landed in Australia I was still in contact with Claire which was a huge help during the settling in process.

Niche Au Pairs do not charge for their services. I found that quite a lot of agencies do charge and you don’t really get much for it.

The experience I had was unforgettable and I can’t thank Niche Au Pairs enough!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Stepping off the plane in Australia. I had travelled across the world for the first time by myself. However, the mum who I was au pairing for met me at the airport and all my nerves disappeared!

About Niche Au Pairs

Niche Au Pairs matches families throughout Australia with Au Pairs from across the world. As professionals in recruitment, we take the stress out of finding your ideal family by doing the hard work for you – providing you with peace of mind that you...