View Other Details
If you love skiing or snowboarding and are looking at taking your skills to the next level, this 6 month program is a dream come true! Designed for upper intermediate to advanced skiers & snowboarders, the SSGT program focuses on perfecting backcountry skills including avalanche safety training, route planning, crevasse rescue and learning to travel safely in the backcountry.
The program is held over a period of 6 months, with your actual training done in sort, intense learning blocks with time in between to work full time and practice your skills to get ready for the next level. Students coming from outside of Canada will apply for a study permit with work allowance and will have lots of time to play in the mountains, work and learn new skills.
This is the perfect opportunity to learn more about backcountry skiing or snowboarding, whether you'd like to follow further along the path to become a fully certified ski guide, or just for your own interest and advancement.
- This is a one-of-a kind program, taught by certified ACMG mountain Guides
- Small Groups - ratio of 1:6 so you get lots of personal attention and learning opportunities
- Explore the stunning backcountry beyond Whistler & Blackcomb mountains
- Lots of time to practice your skills, improve your backcountry travel, and also time off to work to earn money
- Meet like-minded skiers & snowboarders from around the world - our current SSGT program has students from 14 different countries!