View Other Details
The Adventure Tourism Program is the perfect way for nature lovers to explore the beautiful area in the Coastal mountain range surrounding Whistler and learn new skills related to various outdoor sports including mountain biking, alpine climbing, experiential leadership, backpacking and wilderness first aid, and intro to backcountry skiing & snowboarding and outdoor survival skills (in winter)
This is an entry-level program, so the entry requirement is just that you are physically fit with a positive attitude & keen to get out into nature, explore and expand your horizons. This program can be completed either over a full year, which allows you lots of extra time to work, make friends and enjoy Whistler life, or over the accelerated 6 month program if you don't have a full year off.
Whether you are considering a career in the adventure tourism industry, or simply want to reconnect with nature in a small group of like-minded individuals, this is the program for outdoor lovers!
- Taught in small groups (maximum 8 per group) by certified mountain guides
- Expand your leadership skills in varied and diverse situations - expand your limits.
- Access some of the most beautiful outdoor locations in Canada! Experience Whistler in summer or winter, or both!
- In between courses, you will have time to work and play - enter into Canada with a study permit with work allowance so that you can earn money while you're here
- Meet like-minded individuals from around the world, make lifelong friendships while learning new life skills and gaining confidence in the outdoors.