Timberline Academy - Ski & Snowboard Instructor's Program

The reluctant, tired, team picture at the end of a long day of touring for our Avalanche Course.
All of Team Timberline successfully passing our Level 1 ski instructing at Norquay.
Cold beer in the sun at the end of our day in Panorama.
The ski and snowboard instructors from ski school Mt Norquay 2015/2016.
With the whole timberline crew at ski resort kicking horse. AWESOME

The Instructor Internship Program is designed for someone looking to have a fun,team-based experience during their first ski season here in Banff. This program incorporates a wide range of ski/snowboard training, certifications and expeditions over an entire winter season in the Canadian Rockies. Students are also able to put their training to use while working as paid interns at ski schools in Banff throughout the winter season with colleagues from all over the world.

Additionally, we put a strong emphasis on independent and healthy living. As a result, our students are housed in fully furnished apartments and houses in the Banff town centre. We believe that our students should be able to cook, enjoy privacy and have a home while they’re with us here in Banff. No hostels and no hotels.

Tom

Timberline 2020

I never experienced anything quite like it. It’s easily said it’s the best choice I’ve ever made. The people I’ve met and friendships I’ve made will last me forever. It’s such a great family atmosphere and even though your far from home I never felt like it. The course instructors never failed to communicate with everyone on the course. If there was ever an issue it was sorted within the day. I will return to Banff and work in seasons to come purely because of the amazing time I spent at Timberline l.

Don’t hesitate to apply. I would do it all again tommrow. It’s communication before during and even after the trip is second to none I didn’t find anything close in the other companies I considered
Grant

For every young person

I had such a good experience that I dare say it had a life changing effect on me and I wish that every young person out of high school of college could get to experience it. Obviously not everyone is sports or snow inclined but it has such a good positive effect in teaching one about oneself and what they want out of life. Not to mention the lasting friendships that I now have from young people all over the world. You really do get exposed to lots of different people and ways of life that whether you wanted to or not you're bound to learn loads of lasting life and valuable life skills. If you are one with a bit of ambition and adventure, Timberline is definitely for you. I wish I had done the course when I was even when I was younger because of the lessons I learned.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Having to teach a friends middle aged mom to ski and then having a bit of trust in her ability when all of a sudden she wiped out.
Paul

A person, not just a number

I first came to Cananda eight years ago, and ever since then I've wanted to return. I've spent a big chunk of my life dreaming about just going snowboarding for weeks at a time. When I eventually returned, I chose the Timberline program, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice. James and the Timberline team consistently did whatever they could to make everyone's experience the best it could be for each person. They did everything possible to accommodate for and take into consideration peoples travel plans, financial restraints, personal preferences and needs. They ensured that a 12 week dream experience was exactly that, a total dream.

James

Cared For

James and his team made every effort to make sure that our needs and were catered for and sought after, even beyond the scope of the program. Where they could not help they provided the best possible advice going forward. Being far away from home they provided a sense of belonging and care which put many of us at ease throughout the entirety of the course. The interpersonal relationships developed throughout the time made all the difference. I would highly recommend this to any individual looking to do the course.

Lorena

Experience of a lifetime

Spending a month at Timberline was one of the best choices I've ever made! This is really an extraordinary experience. The team behind Timberline are some of the most relaxed people I know and also some of the best skiers. They do everything to fullfill every wish. The town the area and the people you meet there are things you'll never forget.
So go and spend your winter in one of the best places to ski with some of the best people you'll ever meet.

Sam

Timberline Academy

I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my winter, or a better group of people to spend it with for that matter. James, Brett and Logan would always go out of their way to make sure everyone in the group was happy and everything was running smoothly. With countless day trips to other resorts and additional courses such as wilderness first aid and avalanche training, Timberline really helped me to get the most out of my time in Canada and without doubt, at the first opportunity i get, i'll be straight on a plane back.

Peter

How you should spend your winter!!!

Deciding to go with timberline was a very easy choice. They help you all the way and make the transition to Canadian living seamless. Brett and James are awesome and super helpful. Had some of the best experiences of my life from skiing steep lines at kicking horse to skiing deep powder at panorama. The accommodation is spot on and I couldn't be happier with the service they have provided so happy I choose timberline
Cheers Boys!!!!

Honestly there's nothing I would change. :)
Marte

Banff - the review:

If you're under 25, you need to come to Banff. Right now. The variety of things that Banff has to offer is beyond belief. From hiking to drinking and from skiing the SICKEST runs to realizing your garden is covered in deer droppings.

From day 1 I've felt at home in this town. It's surrounded by gorgeous mountains and filled with welcoming, kind people. It's dynamic and by all means alive.

When it comes to skiing, Banff's also fantastic. As someone who's only skied in Europe, the Rocky Mountains are a whole new world to me. They're rougher, far less crowded, snowier and more pristine. I've never done this many tree runs and ungroomed slopes before, but the groomers here are just as great. It's been heaps of fun so far!

Now that it's clear that you NEED to come to Banff, the question is how and my answer is Timberline.

There's several programs like Timberline available around here, and although I'm not saying they're not good, none of them are just quite like Timberline. Timberline Academy is the only program in Banff that's locally owned and operated (by the legendary James, Brett and Logan). From the first time I spoke to them, they've been super helpful with everything. Their help made moving to Banff possible for me. As opposed to some other programs out here, Timberline actually owns property in Banff, and thus this year's Timberline family lives in an awesome house just 30 seconds from the Ski bus stop, supermarket and Banff Avenue.
James, Brett and Logan are awesome at organizing the best ski/snowboard trips, hockey games, christmas dinners and if necessary.. hospital visits.
Their program has made this season in Banff the best it could possibly be for me. I'm incredibly grateful and overjoyed to be here.

11/10 would recommend.