The ImmerQi Au Pair China Program provides young people worldwide with a unique, close-up look at Chinese culture and life. Living with a local Chinese family, you will form a lifelong bond and friendship with your host siblings and parents. Participants get the chance to explore historical sites like the Great Wall of China and the Forbidden City, experience amazing food, and affordably study Mandarin to speak like a local! Every month there will be organized cultural activities, plus you will be part of the ImmerQi family and make new friends from around the world, with over 700 participants joining our programs each year.
As an Au Pair in China, your duties include teaching English to the host family’s children (and sometimes other members of the family as well), spend time with your host family, help with some light housework (picking up toys, clearing their own dishes etc.) and serve as positive role model for the children – for a maximum of 30 hours per week.
- Complete online mandarin, early childhood, and Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) courses before leaving for the program.
- Receive ImmerQi’s pre-departure handbook and city guides, which will help you to understand more about Beijing, and get monthly invitations to cultural activities organized by ImmerQi.
- Receive RMB 2,000 monthly allowance, completion bonus based on duration and up to RMB 6,500 flight allowance upon completion (minimum 3 months program).
- Visa assistance (including all documents required to apply for your Chinese visa), advice and pre-departure preparation, personal accident insurance, and airport pickup.
- Enjoy monthly cultural activities including dinners with other participants, karaoke (KTV), charity days, calligraphy, tea tasting and ceremony, acupuncture, Chinese paper cutting art, Beijing opera, Tai Chi and fruit picking.