LTL Mandarin School Language & Culture Programs in China

LTL Mandarin School Language & Culture Programs in China

Live the Language (LTL) Mandarin School is a one stop shop for students who wish to learn about China at a cultural level while improving their language skills. Comprehensive study abroad options allow students to mix and match the perfect opportunity for them, involving varying teaching styles and concentrations. Students can choose between three locations, with classes available in Beijing, Tianjin, and Chengde.

Options include 1-on-1 or group classes, to maximize each students desired exposure to the language and preference of the teaching style. Internship and volunteer options are also available. Accommodations are encouraged with carefully selected Chinese host-families to maximize each participants personal exposure to the language and culture. For all of the details on the available options, please consult the LTL website!

Asia » China » Beijing
Beijing, Tianjin, Chengde

Laura
Utrecht

Language Course in Beijing and Language Programme in Chengde

For two months, I visited a one-by-one language course at LTL in Beijing. I did not participate in the whole cultural programme, since my internship place already provided a place to stay. Furthermore, I also participated in the language programme in Chengde for one week.

The one-by-one language course was okay, but nothing special. During the two months, I had courses with two (male) teachers and we covered the book 'Short-term Spoken Chinese'. In my opinion, the quality of the language course can still be improved. A little more engagement and creativity from the teacher's side would have been nice. Apart from learning from the book only (which makes it a bit boring...), more creative exercises could have been applied during the course in order to better learn Chinese, for example reading a simple Chinese book or making a role play, etc. I think this engagement can be expected from a trained language teacher. I felt I did not speak sufficiently during the course, although it should be the priority that the student is engaged to speak more (at least more than the teacher).

For one week during the two months at LTL I also participated in the language programme in Chengde, which is a small town not too far from Beijing. I was told that staying at Chengde would boost my Chinese language skills - which was also true. However, in my opinion this programme is a bit overrated and too costly for the service received.
My host family was an old couple, which was pretty fine for me. They were really nice people although I would have wished that they would have integrated me more into their lives and showed more engagement. After my language course in the morning, which finished in the afternoon, I mostly came home. My hostmum would arrive at home a little later and start to cook. In the evening we watched tv together and then went to bed. It would have been nice to do more things together with them, such as joining them visit the places they go in the afternoon, or cooking together, etc. I also think for the price I payed for that week, at least the most important facilities should be provided (and it should not be needed to be stated extra), such as a shower, a bed (with a mattress - I had one but I heard of another person that slept on a wooden bed and who didn’t sleep very well) and a clean environment (often they didn’t wash the dishes properly and they were smoking a lot in the living room). Otherwise it was really interesting to see an authentic Chinese family.
Since Chengde is a quite small town, as mentioned, you rely a bit on the activities offered during the programme, in case your family is not very active. Before going to Chengde, I was interviewed by one of the LTL employees which activities I would like to do (horse riding, rafting, playing soccer, etc.). However, I was quite disappointed by the activities offered in Chengde since it turned out they were not included in the price for the Chengde programme. Zhongwen (a really active woman even though highly pregnant) tried to organize a lot but I was shocked about the huge prices. When staying longer Chengde, which is not the most interesting place on Earth, and I think I would get poor after a while if I always had to pay so much extra for every activity. The school could help to join more things that do not cost so much or even don't cost anything.

I hope those things I mentioned could be improved in the future, since I think that LTL school and also their Chengde programme has a lot potential. The outcome just needs to be more adjusted to the price and more creativity could make the stay at LTL much more interesting and fun.

Thank you.

Marcus
København

LTL -

I have just completed my 3-week program at LTL Shanghai, and it has been fantastic. I am studying chinese at my university in Copenhagen, and did this to maintain my chinese level during summer vacation. From the moment i arrived in Shanghai airport (my 1st time in China) everything went smooth. The airport pick-up, provided by the school, was there on time, and took me directly to my homestay family. The homestay experience is optional, but was very interesting and allows you to really get the chinese culture under your skin. And of cause, it is the best way to improve your oral chinese.
The school is located in one of the most cool areas of Shanghai, and there are plenty of good restaurants, shops and bars nearby. But the best thing about LTL is the staff. They are so welcoming and friendly, and right away you'll feel like a part of the LTL family. They plan weekly events such as; dinners at various chinese restaurents, trips to cultural sites and karaoke nights etc. for both students and teachers which gives this a really cool social environment, that i have never experienced between teachers and students. Besides they are all really skillfull, in what ever part of the chinese language that you want to practice. I have probably learnt more here in these 3 weeks, than i would in months back home.
I will miss this place very much, but hopefully i will come back again and again. And so should you. I can not recommend this place any higher.

I have been trying to think about this, but can not come up with anything.

Joel
New York, NY

LTL Shanghai - An Incomparable Experience

I have studied foreign languages abroad at schools in France, Italy, Brazil and Korea. I can say without a doubt that LTL is the best language school I have ever attended. From the very first moment you step inside the school, the administration makes you feel welcome and right at home. They go to great lengths to ensure your transition to Shanghai is a smooth one. The teachers at LTL are superb. They carefully explain the intricate nuances of the Chinese language - tonal pronunciation, sentence structures, grammatical rules, character writing - all the skills necessary to succeed in Chinese. But much more than that, the teachers are very friendly, approachable and always happy to help. There is always something going on at school - LTL plans daily lunches in the neighborhood, weekly dinners, karaoke, weekend visits to interesting cultural sites within Shanghai or trips to other nearby cities (e.g. Suzhou, Nanjing). With so much going on, it is common to see students just hang around for a few hours after class has ended. LTL puts so much thought and care into everything it does that it does feel like a family away from home, regardless whether you are here for one week, one month or one year. I wholeheartedly recommend the school to others who are considering studying Chinese in Shanghai.

Susanna
Renko

Challenging, but rewarding

LTL provided excellent support right from the first contact with the school until the end of the programme. Someone always answered my questions immediately, even when they weren't urgent queries.
I had two great teachers for my one-on-one classes and the topics we covered in class were exactly those that I was interested in and my vocabulary expanded during the 6 weeks. I had good opportunities to improve speaking fluency and have grammar and pronunciation problems corrected. I enjoyed the fact that the course was challenging and that I also learned much about China today.
I opted for the serviced apartment accommodation. The living quarters were sunny and the area nice and quiet. There were many food options locally. For anyone thinking about this option, you need to remember that the standard of cleanliness may not be what you are used to at home. However, my landlady responded to any calls immediately.
My time at LTL was very positive. I thought it was a little expensive, but on the other hand, it was money well spent.

Bruno
Curitiba, Brazil

Learning Mandarin in Chinese New Year

The experience of studying at LTL in Beijing was great. From the first contact with the school advisor till the last day, the LTL team gave me a huge support, even for activities not related to the school, like booking a taxi to take me to Great Wall and other things

Homestay was really convenient, about 30 min from school, and all of them were very kind to me, especially at Chinese New Year.

The school also provides some weekly activities, which is a nice way to know other students and have some fun.

And finally the most important point, was the huge increase on my mandarin skills in only one month. 1 on 1 classes were awesome, once I was free to choose the way and the speed of learning.

Thomas
Germany

My experience with LTL

I really enjoyed the stay at LTL in Beijing. Great teachers and both effective and fun learning experience, which gave my chinese a great boost. The school location in the Business district is excellent, and school activities are much fun (Baiju, Karaoke etc.). I am happy i chose to stay in a homestay family and could continue talking chinese after school, plus enjoy every day homestyle chinese food.

Systematic assessment of chinese capabilities and learning plan after school program

Hadijah
Malaysia

Live The Language Rocks

For the 3 weeks of mandarin course, I was glad everything turned out epic. I got super skilled teachers teaching me, helping me to be prepared for my HSK test. The learning materials are sufficient for me to study for the test. The teachers’ soul focus never leave me either. The environment of the school is welcoming thanks to the teachers and staff being super friendly and widely open minded. Large diversity of people attended the school so I was lucky enough to meet some great people. Every week, there would be a small get together which is fun to bond with the other students. Overall, I got more than what I bargained for, which keep me wishing I don’t have to leave that school. Because it felt just like home.

Alexander
Berne, Swizerland

Great Experience in Beijing

Coming to Beijing in the coldest month of the year seems to be a bad idea? Spending Christmas and New Year in China doesn't have your homeplace's atmosphere? Not at all! I went to Beijing in December and January to study Chinese at LTL Mandarin School. It's an unforgettable experience. From the first day you arrive you get into Beijing's everyday life. I stayed with a homestay family, they are so kind people, let me participate in their everyday life, let me taste any kinds of great Chinese food, take me to see the place they live. The schedule at school is tight, but the faster the progress is. Everyday when talking to Chinese people I felt that I could apply the things we leart in class. The teachers here are very enthusiastic and you can choose your speed and way of learning.
If you want to boost your Chinese from a very basic level to fluent everyday conversations, as I did during the time here, experience Beijing's great lively atmosphere and make friends with people from all over the world, just try it out!

Heidi
Adelaide, Australia

A worthwhile experience

I had been learning Mandarin for a while but had reached a plateau. I now wanted to expand my knowledge and immerse myself in the culture. After much on-line research, I decided LTL was the way to go and enrolled in a four week course: 2 weeks group classes in Beijing and 2 weeks emersion in Chengde, both with a Homestay family.

Before leaving, my contact with the student liaison was very helpful and answered all my questions and concerns. I was also very pleased that all the arrangements to pick me up and deliver me to my host families were well taken care of. My host sisters were both very kind, friendly and helpful and over time I began to understand more and more of the conversations. Still some way to go though!

Getting around in Beijing was quite easy with the Metro; pass provided. I had a few conversations with a variety of people en-route, in shops etc. and they were all very patient and forthcoming, and happy to answer my questions in my limited Chinese. I think the trick is not to be afraid to make mistakes. Everyone appreciates the fact that you’re trying.

The two class teachers in Beijing were well prepared and, because the class was small we were able to ask questions and have our concerns addressed. We concentrated on correct pronunciation and usage as well as vocabulary development and character formation, but we also learned a pop song and indulged in some general discussion, which I found particularly interesting.

In Chengde, my one-on-one experience was tailored more to my personal needs, again with very accommodating teachers. As I had chosen one week of “Discover Chengde”, my teacher in the second week was my guide to some of the beautiful, historical sights of this charming city, and morning lessons were held in a café by the river.

At the end of my four weeks I was taken back to Beijing and spent two more weeks travelling in China with my son. My preparations had certainly been worthwhile!

Yes, it was expensive, but you get what you pay for!

Xan
London

LTL has a great social scene and experienced teachers.

Studying in China with LTL was, overall, an amazing experience. The school is full of interesting people and friendly staff, and we often met up for dinners, drinks and dancing.
I am also very satisfied with my progress in Chinese. I arrived as an absolute beginner, and 16 weeks of their Standard Immersion Program later I can chat away in Chinese with ease.
The homestays they organised for me were excellent. In both Beijing and Chengde I had a double bed, and the houses were very clean. More importantly, the families were really friendly. In Beijing they even took me to a Chinese wedding, and throughout treated me as a member of the family. I became really good friends with my 24 year old 'homestay brother', and we are still in contact to this day.
The only downside to the program is that it is a little on the expensive side. But what you get is well worth the money!

I guess a few students told me their homestays were a little bit far away from the school in Beijing, but the vast majority are, I think, within 40 mins away, which is fine.

Lisa
Frankfurt, Germany

Learn Mandarin at a fast pace!

I just came home from a five weeks stay in Beijing and China, three of which I spent at LTL learning Mandarin. The last two weeks I did some traveling with my mom to test my abilities ;)
Having learnt Chinese in Germany before (HSK 2 level), I wasnt a total beginner. However my speaking and listening skills were far from being useful in daily conversation. Studying at LTL helped with that tremendously. Both with good and intense classes (three to four students) and with arranging a homestay for me. While my reading, vocabulary and grammar skills were improved through my lessons, staying with a real chinese family helped greatly with my listening and speaking skills. Furthermore, I had the opportunity to experience chinese daily live first hand and explore similarities and differences.
My two weeks of traveling proved to me that my chinese really improved and I was able to navigate around the country without major mishaps. Even in the south ;)
In my opinion, LTL is a good address if you want to learn Chinese and experience the culture first hand. They take good care of their students and do their best to make your stay a memorable one!

While the program is great and I can't point out any downsides, for me as a recent graduate it was at the same time quite expensive. I would have found it great if LTL offered discounts for students enrolled at university.

Marc
New York

LTL is the place to be!

Im so glad I ended up studying at LTL. Ive been studying mandarin for a while now, with no end in sight. However, being at LTL has given me the confidence and the opportunities I need to utilize and practice my Chinese on a day to day basis. Unlike University settings, LTL allows for a very intimate teaching atmosphere, which I personally have enjoyed since I can get direct feedback on my pronunciation grammatical usage and so on. In addition to being a great school, you also have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world, and take part in fun activities every week.

If I were to mention one shortcoming of LTL it is that their WIFI is somewhat unreliable; but beside this, it really is the place to be if you want to learn Chinese and have fun while doing it!

Upgrade to a faster more reliable internet provider

Jamie
London, England
University of Bristol

好好学习 - Great school, great country, fantastic experience

Despite having studied Mandarin at University for 2 years, nothing can quite prepare you for actually turning up in China - but that is part of the experience! Everyday brings something new.

LTL provided tremendous support throughout my time in China, and I never felt uncomfortable. The social nights were generally well organised, and you are never short of opportunities to meet new people, whether that be at school dinner, or in Sanlitun (Smugglers in particular).
The school also seems to have a knack for selecting fantastic teachers - all 4 of my teachers (2 in Beijing, 2 in Chengde) were incredibly patient with me, particularly when my brain refused to function properly (which happened rather often!). They were more than happy to go out of their way to ensure I was learning in the best way I could. It is testament to their teaching ability (and a willingness on my part to converse with locals) that I went from being unable to ask for a map at my hotel on my first day in China, to holding a 4-hour conversation with some Chinese people (a train conductor included) on the train from Chengde to Beijing on my last day.

For all students coming to LTL, you'll likely experience life in Beijing. It can be easy sometimes to get lost in the pollution (which wasn't at all that bad during my 6 weeks in the city), the traffic, and the constant honking, but taking a step back reveals so much more to the city - a thriving culture, and so many things to see that you'll never be short of options.

For those opting to do the full immersion in Chengde (and I would urge you to do so), you'll be greeted by a quaint city (by China's standards), surrounded by some incredible scenery and mountains, providing something a little different from the constant hustle and bustle of the capital. It was in Chengde that I really found my Chinese progressed, with far more opportunities to converse with the locals (who were often much easier to understand than those in Beijing) - one example was when I ended up having lunch for over an hour with 4 older Chinese men who offered me their food and Baijiu (the main Chinese spirit), even though I had originally turned up at the restaurant to order a takeaway of dumplings!
The surrounding areas of Chengde are truly stunning, with some very interesting and unusual temples, while the Mountain Resort was a fantastic place to go for a leisurely hike on a nice day.

In both Beijing and Chengde, I opted for the homestay option of living with a local family, and their kindness, the food and a willingness to converse with me really helped me settle into both cities. I truly felt like part of the family by the end of my stays with them. This is definitely the best option if you want to really progress your Chinese.

Overall, I had a fantastic experience in China, and it was with a heavy heart that I had to leave at the end of my 3-month stay. Huge thanks go to the people behind LTL, and also to the countless people I met along the way. I left China with some great memories that I hope to add to in the future.

Go there with an adventurous and open mind, and I promise you you'll have one of the best times of your life. 我想念你中国!

Megan
University of Washington- Seattle

Megan's Review

LTL was an overall enjoyable experience. The classes are well structured and the learning environment is easy-going. The staff is quite attentive to the needs of the students, and accommodations were not too bad. It is a tad bit difficult to maneuver through Beijing, but LTL itself plans well organized events and such. An independent personality is definitely required for this experience if you enjoy going out at night, but beyond that I felt well taken care of. The social and educational aspect of LTL is well balanced.

Warning us about the nature of public transportation in Beijing and perhaps making sure we have all made it home safely at night? I know a lot of students, and myself, sometimes had trouble getting home if we were out past midnight -- which honestly, surprised me for a city this big.

Jessica
Beijing, China
University of Bristol

Hao Hao Xuexi

I came to LTL knowing literally two words, and 4 weeks later I can (sort of) hold a conversation with locals about specific conversation topics! The classes are great fun and the teachers are very creative with their teaching methods. I feel like I have been supported all the way through my learning period and the support staff and student advisors have been very flexible and helpful for the entirety of my stay in Beijing.
In terms of the social scene, most students are between 18 and 25, so there are many many opportunities to party, which has been great for me to relive my student life... I stayed in a shared apartment which was very safe, but my friends in the homestays have been very positive about their experiences there also.
Cannot recommend LTL enough - I'm leaving next week and I don't want to go!

The accommodation is far from luxurious but it hasn't really affected my stay at all. Had to clean my flat when I moved in but I didn't mind!

Mirko
Denmark
King's College London

Four great months

I spent four months studying at LTL and enjoyed them tremendously. My teacher was fun, experienced and very very patient. I enjoyed every single class.
The support and social program at the school is very good, as was my host family, particularly the food.

Dragonslayer
Beijing
Hogeschool van Amsterdam

Chinese immersion

I was looking for a program that could help me to quickly improve my almost non existant spoken Chinese skills and based on a friend's recommendation chose LTL.

Course:
I studied 1-on-1 classes and I found the course was outstandingly well taught. My teacher was well prepared, professional, and very experienced with hopelessly tonedeaf students like me. I found the quality of classes at LTL significantly better than what I had experienced previously at the Confucius Instiute at my university

Homestay:
Living with a Chinese family was what helped me to finally overcome my "fear or speaking Chinese". They were very patient, but insisted on me using my - very limited at the beginning - Mandarin skills to get through daily life, which was a challenge at the beginning, but in the end this was what built up my confidence and got me to start speaking Mandarin in day to day situations. The food was great and the apartment very nice. I had a private, spacious bedroom, with my own en-suite bathroom. It took me about 30 minutes to get to the school by subway.

Community:
Studying at 1-on-1 program I was a bit concerned that I would struggle to make friends at the school. This however turned out not to be a problem at all. All students eat lunch together on the balcony and there are a lot of school activities, dinners, trips etc. and it is very easy to make friends.

Singer
Bremen

Choice

I planned my trip to China for almost a year and was quite nervous, as I had never been to Asia before. LTL helped me to not only organize my stay and course here, but to see a side of China I would have not seen otherwise. The family to live with they had organized for me was lovely, the course a lot of fun, and the support from the LTL team amazing.
I spoke to about a dozen Chinese schools before signing up at LTL and it was the right choice for me.

Markus
Switzerland
St George's- University of London

Great organization, good teachers, nice school

Currently doing a four week summer program at LTL and it has surpassed my epxectations in pretty much every area. It was my first trip to China and I was very impressed by the organization of the school, the airport pick-up, accommodation, class organization all worked out very well - not necessarily what I would have expected in China.
The atmosphere at the school is very supportive and the staff approachable and helpful. The teachers are great and I have very much enjoyed my time here. Would like to stay longer if it was possible.

More information about homestays on the website. I thought it was not possible to live with a Chinese homestay for beginners so I took the shared apartment option. At the school then I realized that all my other classmates live with homestays and it helped them a lot with their Chinese. If I had been aware that a beginner could do a homestay too, I would not have chosen the shared apartment option.

Darl
Singapore

teachers

the highlight of my stay with LTL was definitely my teacher. Having studied Chinese during school for 8 years my situation was quite different to most other students learning Mandarin in Beijing, who tend to be at beginner level. I was looking for a school with teachers that could teach an advanced course and customize it to my situation. I narrowed it down to three candidates and picked LTL mainly because they seemed to be the most responsive when I sent emails and appeared professional in their communication.
For me it was a good choice. My teacher was experienced, patient, always on time, and helped me to progress a lot more than I had expected. Classes were fun and I found the atmosphere in Beijing were good for learning Mandarin up to the level that I wanted (business).
The accommodation was clean and I found quite good value for the price, my visa extension organized without problems, and it was an overall very enjoyable experience.

Carolyn
Toronto

Loved LTL

Great school. It was my first trip to China and I was quite nervous about it, but LTL was incredibly supportive, especially when I had visa troubles.
Once in China it was a fantastic experience. I did the 8 weeks Two City Combo and would recommend that program to anyone who wants to see two very different cities in China. Be ready for Chengde being indeed very different to what you are used to from back home, so I am not sure if this program is for everybody.
My homestay family was amazing, the staff at LTL very friendly, and the student community a lot of fun. I met people from at least a dozen countries there, we went out together on weekends and had a lot of fun in Beijing.
I recommend a trip to China with LTL to anyone who is up for an adventure.

Taka
Tokyo, Japan

Good Teaching

The student community is very international and I made a lot of friends from a lot of different countries. The school felt a bit like a home away from home and the staff were very helpful.
The classes were very well taught and I learned a lot more there than I had at university before, especially for spoken Chinese.

Vanessa
Amsterdam
Hogeschool van Amsterdam

very strong teaching program

I found LTL's teachers highly qualified, professional, and motivated. The teaching quality there has surpassed my expectations in almost every aspect and was much better than what I was used to from university back home.

Anatalia
Moscow

Miss studying

An awesome school to study at, an awesome language to learn and an awesome city to live in.
Miss LTL, studying Chinese and Beijing so much. Hope to be back soon.

Kallle
Vienna

Nine months

I spent a year (September to July) with LTL in Beijing after I hadgraduated from highschool, first studying Chinese and then doing a course in Traditional Chinese Medicine (at a Chinese hospital which the school had organized for you).
It was an amazing experience. I studied Chinese for the first nine months first and then did the whole Chinese medicine course in mandarin, which was a challenge at the beginning but by the end of it worked very well, as I was forced to speak Chinese only with patients and teachers.
The language course at LTL was very good, and I do not think I would have been able to do the TCM course in Chinese without my teachers there. The classes were well taught, a lot of fun, and I liked the curriculum used.
I lived for the first five months with a Chinese homestay and then in a shared apartment, both from the school and both very good. I found living with a Chinese family at the beginning very helpful for my Chinese, but after five months I did need a bit more privacy, something a lot of my classmates felt.
LTL is a very nice and supportive place, and I made friends with a lot of students and staff over time there. Accommodation, courses, visas etc. were handled in a very professional way and I found them very reliable. I am very happy I chose Beijing and LTL for my year in China and will be back next year (I start to forget Chinese vocab already...).

For long term students, I recommend homestay for the first few months, but then move into a shared apartment. It is important to talk about this with the school when making the booking.

French_mushroom
Paris, France

I love Beijing

To me Beijing is the best city in the world. It is so vibrant, exciting and full of life I wish I could stay here longer.
I think the support of the school had a lot to do with me enjoying my stay here. Whenever I have a question, there is someone to help me, my guest family is very helpful and friendly and the whole school has a very relaxed atmosphere.
Needless to say, I made a lot of friends at the school. I especially like the fact that it is so international. I have never met so many people from so many different places before.

Bjoern
Oslo

Two City Combo

School:
I felt LTL was well managed and run, with a very motivated team that clearly cares about helping their students during their stay in China. The courses follow a clear curriculum, classes start on time and they are very upfront with what is part of a program - and also what not.
Support:
After a week in Beijing, I got sick with pretty high fever - quite a scary experience. After calling the school, the owner was at my apartment within half an hour, took me to an international hospital and stayed with me there for half the night. Antibiotics straightened the infection out pretty quickly in the next few days, but that day when I first got sick I do not know what I would have done without them. I feel very appreciative of the help I was given that day, where I am from I do not think a lot of schools would send someone to bring you to hospital on a Sunday night.
The Course
I studied first in Beijing and then in a smaller city in the mountains North of Beijing, called Chengde. I took individual classes in both places as I am a bit of a slow learner and like to be able to study at my own pace. The teachers I had were very professional and supportive of me struggling with some aspects of the language at the beginning. I found the course structure very good, first studying in Beijing to settle into China before then going to the wild China where I was the only foreigner in the whole city I think. It helped me overcome my fear of speaking very quickly.
Social Life
I was a bit worried about not making any friends as I was taking classes alone, but at the school most students have lunch together so I very quickly met a lot of people. The school also organized dinners, welcome breakfast, so taking classes alone turned out not to be a problem at all.
I would definitely do the course again.

jv1981
New York
City University of New York

Loved it

Spent a truly amazing two months with LTL. I would recommend them for anyone who wants to seriously improve their Chinese.
China is not easy at the beginning and I know I would have not enjoyed it as much without the great support from them.

Stiebke
Beijing, China

four weeks in China

I studied three weeks in Beijing and one week in Chengde with LTL this summer, staying with a homestay family in both places.
The school is great and the combination of the two cities was a great way to see two very different parts of China. My last week in Chengde was the most intense language wise but also where I progressed the most.
Teachers and homestays great, service fantastic, I had a great time. I would strongly recommend LTL for anyone who wants to seriously study Chinese.

to organize payment was time consuming

Meg
Auckland
Auckland University of Technology

Fantastic Holiday

I loved Beijing and LTL. The school is very nice and has a great student community. It was a lot of fun and Beijing is an amazing city. Go to China guys!

Live the Language (LTL) Mandarin School offers the chance for students around the world to study Chinese culture and Mandarin Chinese language in one comprehensive program. During their time in China with LTL at one of the three locations (Beijing, Tianjin, and Chengde), students will