Experience cultural exchange by living with a host family in China

For the Marco Polos of today, we have paved a new passage to China that is faster, safer and cheaper! By living with a Chinese family, you are provided a quick access to Chinese language and culture, By accompanying Chinese family member, you may grow your experience in living with Chinese people. It is also a proud opportunity to showcase your home culture to Chinese families.

Any question please write to [email protected]

Why Hangzhou?
Hangzhou the most beautiful and gorgeous city described in Marco Polo’s diary. Within two thousand city history, it is full of Chinese traditional culture and surrounded by amazing beautiful nature scenery.

What you can expect:
- Single flight ticket.
- Free accommodation.
- Free daily meal.
- Free insurance in China.
- Participation Project Award to the value of 2,000RMB.
- Pocket money to the value of 1,500RMB per month.
- Free Mandarin class online or offline.
- A dive into the Chinese culture through the Chinese family life.

• We focus on cultural exchange .
  • Assistance to HSK test .
  • Regular cultural outdoor events.
  • Free airport pick–up/drop-off.
  • Capacity building for further stay in China for work/study.

Hamish

Cultural Exchange

Marco Polo were great. I had a lot of trouble finding reliable and trustworthy programs to experience Chinese culture. They were so willing to take me onboard despite my limited language skills (I'd only started learning on an app called Memrise 3 months before moving to Hangzhou for 3 months).

The interview process, the staff and the information given about the program really helped me be confident in moving to China for this cultural exchange. Other companies and educational institutions didn't seem as welcoming or understanding.

They gave me cultural lessons and advice before I moved to China and picked me up from the airport when I arrived in China. They were so nice to me. The host family they paired me with was also really great and well suited to me.

I spent 3 months with the family where they taught me Mandarin, took me on cultural excursions, a holiday to Shenzhen and just really made me feel part of the family.

Although there were challenges adjusting to living with a Chinese family, having a group of exchange students and friendly Marco Polo staff to meet up weekly really helped to make me feel home. We all bonded super well. I made friends with people from the UK, Netherlands, Spain, Italy and more. The Chinese lessons, cultural activities (art, calligraphy, sightseeing, kite making) were super fun, but most of all, living with a Chinese family and hanging out with Chinese locals in such an immersing environment is what I valued most of all with the program. I managed to go from barely speaking Chinese to bring very conversational and confident in my speaking.

It was great. No real room for improvement. However if there was one improvement, I would have liked to have had more language lessons because I loved learning mandarin so much!
Anastasiya

Marco Polo Culture Exchange Program

This was my first time in China. Many thoughts and expectations were in my head before the trip. But this country has surpassed them all !
I was so warmly welcomed. To be honest, I did not expect it. Amazing! I am incredibly grateful to all of the staff of the Marco Polo program for the opportunity to plunge into the real Chinese life. I would like to pay special attention to the family that Marco Polo staff have chosen for me. I can not describe the extent of my joy! :) The family with whom I lived for 3 months was great , especially the three-year-old baby, Charlotte, with whom I spent almost all of my time. This summer we became not just friends, but a real family! This trip charged me with happiness and I want to inspire you to travel to China as a participant of this program. First of all, you will find friends from different parts of the Earth. Secondly, this program will allow you to immerse into Chinese culture and traditions. Thirdly, you will have a new experience and a lot of unforgettable memories. I promise, this program will change your entire life! I'm sure that I will definitely come back here again !✌️

Taryn

Life Changing

My experience in China has been such an important milestone in my life. Within 3 short months I learned so much about myself and Chinese culture. The Marco Polo Cultural Exchange Program allowed me to create friendships with other students that will last a lifetime. It is an experience that will allow you to gain a new apprectiation for life, family and friends and changes your entire mindset. If you are looking to try something new and learn a little more about yourself this is definitely the right experience for you.

I feel the program could be improved through more organization - possibly having a schedule pre-created of activities for each week and trying diversified activities to fit each and everyone's wants and desires. I also believe the program could be improved by providing more support to students and giving them the opportunity to speak out about any issues in a way that the students can feel comfortable. Lastly, I feel there could be more preparation of materials before students arrive to prepare for culture shock and also provide nesscary tips before arriving.

About Marco Polo Culture Exchange Program

Marco Polo Culture Exchange Program was established in 2016, contributing to intercultural understanding, encouraging oversea youth to explore Chinese culture and language by living with well-educated Chinese host families in Hangzhou, Shanghai,...