Verto was designed to give you the gap year experience, while earning college credit. Over a semester or year-long program, you'll travel, learn, and experience the world outside the classroom. You also won’t have to worry about deferring admission or waiting to apply to college. Once you’ve completed Verto, your credits will transfer seamlessly to one of our partner universities or for the class that enters Fall 2018, any four-year accredited university in the US.
The Verto Program has three major components:
- Travel the World: During your Verto experience, you’ll travel the world, choosing between destinations in places like Ireland, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Guam.
- Service-Based Learning: Immerse yourself in service-based learning and walk away with knowledge and skills you can use in college and beyond.
- Earn College Credits: Meet general education requirements at several partner institutions without delaying your graduation.
- Earn 16 credits while taking courses in Guatemala & Costa Rica
- Academic credits from Mills College, a private 4-year Liberal Arts College in Oakland, California
- Direct Admission to partner colleges or transfer credits to a college of your choosing
- Option to spend 2nd semester studying at University College Dublin in Ireland or The University of Auckland in New Zealand
- Sample Courses: Identity, Politics & Equity, Sustaining Food Systems & the Environment, Public Health in Culture & Context