COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, ARCC Programs has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
ARCC’s Centro-Caribbean Spring Gap Program explores some of the most intriguing and majestic regions of both Central America and the Caribbean. Taking advantage of our deep partnerships, we dive into numerous conservation efforts that include protecting nesting Olive Ridley sea turtles, repairing wildlife habitats for rescued mammals and reptiles, and conducting marine research of the invasive lionfish on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. Traveling to Cuba, we encounter a nation emerging from a 60-year time capsule, ready to enter the 21st century. Conducting conversational English lessons, we are inspired by the eager faces of Cuban school children. Venturing to the remote islands of Bocas del Toro in Panama, we shadow nurses as they conduct pop up health clinics for remote populations. Settling into a homestay in the jungles of Panama, we delve into the Spanish language, allowing us to deepen our experience in these four unique countries.
- Experience Havana, a City Bursting With Music, Dance and Great Food
- Sample the White Sand Beaches and the Turquoise Waters of Cuba’s Caribbean Shores
- Delve into Latin American Culture and Language During a Homestay in the Panamanian Jungle
- Help Protect Nesting Olive Ridley Sea Turtles Coming Ashore to Lay their Eggs
- Get SCUBA Certified and Conduct Marine Research in the Belize Cayes