ARCC’s New Frontiers: Patagonia & Cuba Spring Gap Program explores some of the world’s most intriguing and undiscovered regions. Journey from the picturesque frontier and jagged spires of Chile’s Patagonia to the historic enchantment of Cuba, a land timeworn and truly magical.
Taking advantage of our deep partnerships, we dive into conservation efforts that include a study of the fisheries off the coast of Chile, the effects of climate change on the melting glaciers in Patagonia, and a glimpse of the debate surrounding proposed hydroelectric dams of the region’s waterways. We travel from the rugged peaks of South America to the tranquil Caribbean shores of Cuba. There we encounter a nation and proud population emerging from a 60 year time capsule, ready to enter the 21st century. We view history in the making firsthand as we crisscross Cuba for a month refurbishing local schools and orphanages. We teach English classes to a population eager to learn.
- Experience Havana’s Energy, a City Bursting With Music, Dance and Great Food
- Trek in the Shadows of the Towering Peaks and Glacier of Torres del Paine
- Homestay with a Gaucho Family and Experience the Lifestyle of these Cattle Farmers
- Sample the White Sand Beaches and the Turquoise Waters of Cuba’s Caribbean Shores
- Teach ESL Classes to Aspiring Patagonia Tour Guides and Eager School Children