ARCC’s New Frontiers: Patagonia & Cuba Spring Gap Program explores some of the world’s most intriguing and undiscovered regions. Journey from the picturesque frontier and jagged spires of Chile’s Patagonia to the historic enchantment of Cuba, a land timeworn and truly magical.
Taking advantage of our deep partnerships, we dive into conservation efforts that include repairing trails in Chilean Patagonia's newest national park, exploring the effects of climate change on the melting glaciers in Patagonia, and understanding the debate surrounding proposed hydroelectric dams of the region’s waterways. Traveling from the rugged peaks of South America to the tranquil Caribbean shores of Cuba, we encounter a nation and proud population emerging from a 60 year time capsule, ready to enter the 21st century. We view history in the making firsthand as we crisscross Cuba for a month refurbishing local schools and teaching English classes to a population eager to learn.
- Teach English to Eager School Children During a Homestay with a Chilean Gaucho Family
- Experience Havana, a City Bursting With Music, Dance and Great Food
- Trek in the Shadows of the Towering Peaks and Glacier of Torres del Paine
- Sample the White Sand Beaches and the Turquoise Waters of Cuba’s Caribbean Shores
- Tutor Marginalized Youth and Help them Learn to Surf in Valparaiso