This intensive gap year course is for students aged 17+ who would like to become doctors, nurses, dentists, and who would like to study medicine and enter the medical profession.
This course is primarily aimed at those students who have graduated from and finished their Secondary School or Senior High School and have decided to take a Gap Year before applying to a Medical School / University in the UK or abroad. The course runs for 6 - 10 weeks and involves 6 weeks of Medical Studies followed by an optional 2-week or 4-week full time Internship - shadowing doctors at a clinic or hospital.
The course covers all the information that students need to be confident to apply to a top Medical University. In this leading course, you will cover an overview of the medical syllabus covered at University – topics from Pathology, Anatomy, Immunity, Cardiology, Genetics as well as hands-on practical workshops – such as suturing techniques and patient / doctor interaction.
- Optional internship/doctor shadowing of 2 or 4 weeks available
- Exam preparation practice of BMAT / UCAT to improve your scores
- Tours of top Medical Universities in UK – UCL, Kings College, Imperial College, Manchester, Oxford and Cambridge University
- Condensed study of the material learned in 1st year of Medical School
- Study in heart of London, accommodation on the University of London campus