Europe Tour with Gapforce

Europe
The view from the castle in Prague, Czech Republic.
Europe
Myself (Hannah on the left) and the other Hannah in the group on the right in Rome, Italy.
Europe

Do you want to experience the best of Europe this summer? This incredible tour will go the distance, taking you through Europe's greatest hits and must-see highlights. Join a group of like-minded travelers to 11 mind-blowing countries in 4 weeks!

Your adventure begins in the intoxicating metropolis that is London, before we cross the English Channel onto mainland Europe where you visit Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Berlin and many more iconic European cities. Unlike other tours we travel by high-speed train, meaning you get maximum time sightseeing. Two unique Gapforce Escape days will take you off the beaten track to explore some hidden gems.

The fully escorted tours take place once per summer season so plan ahead today!

• Sample 11 European cities in just 28 days, beginning and ending in London
  • Escape days take you off the beaten path to explore group adventure activities
  • Enjoy the sights and zip across Europe in high-speed international trains
  • Adventure of your life time, with likeminded friends from all over the globe!

Hi Keely, Europe Tour pricing is dependent on which program you choose (2 weeks or the full 25 day program). All participants begin on the same day. 2 week participants begin in London and end in Rome. The full program is from London to London. To locate current pricing and availability for the program, please locate the program page here: https://gapforce.org/gap-year-programs/program/europe-tour

John

An unforgettable experience

I participated I The Europe Tour put on by Gapforce in July 2019 and I have to say I’m glad I took the chance to participate in the tour! From London all the way to Amsterdam I made many friends and memories I’ll never forget! This was my first time travelling abroad and Gapforce took all worries that I had about traveling away!

Hostels: The living conditions Gapforce provided were better than I expected! They found safe/clean hostels for us to stay where we’d bunk in rooms together and with other travellers. I met so many interesting people and made some friends at the hostels we stayed at!

Tour Guides: Will and Andy our tour guides provided by Gapforce did a FANTASTIC job on this tour! We were very lucky to have such ambitious, patient and charismatic leaders! Whether it was assisting us after our nightly adventures or making sure everyone was being included in group activities both Will and Andy went ABOVE their job description to make sure everyone enjoyed their trip! Cheers boys!!

Travelling: We always travelled by train in between countries! The trains are very spacious and I had no bad experiences on any of them! Make sure to use the metro in the cities, they’re your best friend and will save you a ton of walking! If you do partake in this trip be prepared to do a lot of walking during the day while your out and while you’re going to the next destination so be prepared to be moving around a lot!

The tour: Everyday we’d usually start out in the morning with a tour by either Will or Andy in which we’d go see different tourist attractions and sights around the city. After that we’d take a break for lunch and have a choice after to continue on a guided tour by them or to be able to take the afternoon to ourselves. I found taking the afternoon to walk around and explore was a good way to take in the culture and meet some locals!

Escape days and the nightlife: We got two escape in our four week period in Europe in which we were able to do whatever we wanted! My best advice would be to plan your day out in advance the day before so you can get tickets to any tours or sights you’d like to see! The nightlife in most of the places was interesting! It’s a very fun way to take in the culture and meet people! My only advice would be to always travel in groups( especially when out at night) and make sure to look after yourself if you are partaking in any of the nighttime adventures.

Safety: Our tour guides did a great job of making sure everyone stayed safe on our trip! They always would check in on us if we were on our own adventures and always made sure we were staying hydrated if we were with them!

Overall the trip was life changing and I met so many great people that came along on the tour and on our travels! A truly unforgettable experience!!

Nothing Gapforce did an awesome job! Will and Andy our tour guides did everything they could to make sure everyone had a great experience!
Lauren

Europe Trip

I’ve always wanted to go Interrailing, and the Europe Tour with Gapforce has allowed me to experience multiple major cities without the stress of organising the trip myself, as well as to meet lovely people from all around the world. Our leaders, Andy and Will, were a great pair, and were both fun and professional. I always felt that they could be relied upon, and were on hand to help with any concerns or questions we had.
Our walking tours were very enjoyable, allowing us to see the main tourist attractions whilst also getting a feel for the city. We also had subsequent ‘free time’ which was very flexible, and ensured that we could personalise our itinerary a bit more. I have countless amazing memories, yet the spontaneous trip to see the lights of the Eiffel Tower will definitely be something that I remember for a long, long time!
Overall, I think that this trip is a fantastic travel opportunity, and I would highly recommend it.

Sophia

Best summer vacation !!!

I had such an amazing time on the Europe tour with Gapforce. I was looking forward to the trip for ages, and once it started it didn’t disappoint. I met such great people on the trip. Our group leaders were awesome. Will and Andy couldn’t have done a better job. They knew a lot about each city we traveled to, and lead great tours throughout the trip. I really enjoyed the itinerary- the leaders did a really nice job of letting us explore each city in small groups after a big group tour. Escape days throughout the trip were so fun, and it was nice to be able to make your own itinerary for the day! If you’re looking into a travel agency, I would 100% recommend Gapforce. The Gapforce team was so helpful when questions needed answers. The Europe tour with Will and Andy was by far the highlight of my summer!!

Emma

Loved this trip!

This trip was so fun! It was perfect for someone like me who really wanted to travel to Europe but wasn’t comfortable traveling by myself. I got to experience so many different cultures, see beautiful places, learn about so much history and meet so many amazing people that I will continue to keep In touch with. Our leaders Andy and Will were amazing and did a great job keeping everything running smoothly and making sure that everyone was always having a good time and felt comfortable and safe. They knew so much about each place we went to and did there best to make sure we got to do everything we wanted to do. If we had any suggestions or ideas on what to do for escape days, they would gladly help us research museums, tours, etc. I would 100% recommend this trip to anyone looking to travel around Europe!

Jessica

AMAZING

i was really freaked out to travel by myself (without my family or friends) but ive always wanted to and this trip was literally worth the two years of waitressing i did to save up for it. EVERY DAMN PENNY. so worth it! the lugging around backpacks is a bit naff but thats really about it.
The people i met were incredible and it was my favourite trip i have ever been on:)
You can party, you can sightsee, you can do both! its pretty laid back!
Thank you so much!

i guess the only thing id say is the amount of time spent in some places is a bit off (rome for 3 days florence for only 1). but most of the places we went were enough time just once or twice!
Garry

Euro Trip

This Europe tour completely surpassed all my expectations, from our intergroup relationships to exploring many different areas of countries I've never been to before in my life. I made some really great friends that I hope to keep in contact with in the future - that even includes our expedition leader Xav, who turned out to be completely different than I expected, well... he's pretty cool too, I guess... seriously though, the trip wouldn't have been the same without him.

Going on this trip, I expected to meet people but not to become friends with them. I expected an expedition leader who'd show us to our hotel and then be done with us - couldn't have been further from the truth - if anyone is on the fence about coming, I'd heartily reccomend it - all these things make the trip a time you'll never forget.

I think that the hostels could have been organised a bit better - there was times where one or some of us were put in a room seperate from the rest, and other times where there would be a double bed and we'd have to share. Apart from that, everything on this trip was spot on!

Europe

Even though i was only on the first half of the trip, the experience was amazing! The hostels and trains were better than expected. The cities we went to were all beautiful, and we made sure to hit the touristy spots but the moments that meant even more were the small ones like the spontaneous opera in florence. The food we ate was amazing (mostly chocolate croissants and pizza). Being in a small group of five meant that we bonded incredibly fast and I'll probably remember all the funny moments we had together forever . And last but not least our tour guide Xav was the best, but don't take him nice places, he breaks everything!

Of course there are a few things that could be improved but most of the time when things weren't great it made for a good laugh.
Skylar

Europe Tour!

This trip was absolutely amazing! I had so much fun! The sightseeing and traveling were amazing of course, but more than that I fell in love with the many cultures, the people and our group! As a group you get so close to one another and we had some real bonding experiences :) plus you get to travel and see amazing things with these amazing people! Definitely go on this trip if you have the chance.

Plus Xav is the best tour guide around. But don't take him to nice places, he breaks things.

Our group was a little small, only 5 people. I think it would be best if the groups were larger! But that's honestly it, I loved it!
Hollie

Europe tour july

Before starting this trip I didn't know what to expect, but having finished it I can say it was the best month of my life. I met some amazing people which I will definitely stay friends with. After only a few days we bonded so well and our friendships definitely made the trip. Before going I knew I'd get to see all these amazing cities, but it was the experience as a whole. Between the people I met and places we went, it was a very very special trip. It's safe to say the low of my trip was leaving. The minute I returned home, I missed the holiday. I wanted to go back and I definitely don't think I was the only one who felt this in the group.. Also when your on the trip I learnt so much. If I had the chance I'd do it all again in a heartbeat

Shawn

Xav is great!

It was amazing. I never expected to meet interesting people, and get such an immersive experience in each city. Xav, our group leader, is a top-notch guy with a bunch of interesting stories to tell. He 100% deserves a raise, and I'm totally not being forced to write this for him.

I personally didn't really find Vienna interesting, and that those days couldve been put towards more days in Prague and Amsterdam.
Emily

Gapforce Review

This trip is the best experience of my life. Everything about this trip was incredible: the traveling, sightseeing, walking, and socializing with new people. Going on this trip, I knew that my favorite experience would be meeting new people, and I was right. Every person I met on this trip has contributed to my positive experience. Most of all, my expedition leader, Xav, really made this trip great. Although he is only two years older than me, I respect him as a leader and a friend. Not only does he keep an eye on us while traveling, but he also has fun with us. He actively seeks anyone who may feel alone or distressed and talks to them to make them feel better. I can confidently say that all of us look up to him. I don't know anyone else who has done expedition training in jungles around the world. We all aspire to be as well rounded as him. I regret nothing on this trip, most of all meeting all of the incredible friends I've made in our group. I highly recommend this Europe trip. Also, I would like to commend Xav on being an incredible leader.

Europe in 30 Days

I had an absolute blast during my trip to Europe the summer of 2015. I made friends with people vastly different from me, a few of which I still keep up with now despite living on different continents. Terry (our trip leader) was awesome and let us explore on our own while still making sure he knew we were alright. The sequence of cities we visited were great, and they helped me get a sense of Europe's culture while making note of where I'd like to go back and visit again. It was hard to get all we wanted to see in each city in with the time we had in each place, but overall I think our time was managed well. If you are looking to go on this trip, I would say don't be afraid to go off and do your own thing. Group activities are fun but I know the day I went to Pisa by myself was one of the more relaxing times I had, which I really needed to recharge. I would also say to spend the money on the tour busses. They are the quickest, easiest, and maybe cheapest way to see as much of the city as possible as quickly as possible. Also, none of the nine of us that went knew each other before hand, which made it fun, but if I did it over I might try and get a friend to go with me also. Just to have a familiar face. ANYWAY. This trip is great. Gapforce did an awesome job. I would totally travel with them again. So yeah! Thanks for a great experience!

I agree with Hannah! Having some pre thought out options for Escape Days would have been super helpful, especially because all of the group will probably not want to do the same thing, so knowing ahead of time some things we could do would have made those days run more smoothly.
Zoe

Florence, Italy

One of my many favourite memories of the trip was being in Florence. To begin with we stayed in a wonderful old house just outside the main square. I shared an apartment with the girls which included a balcony with a lovely view of old stone houses and cathedrals. I spent the day wandering around the city, walking across the Ponte Vecchio bridge, finding little shops ran by locals and accidentally ending up at the Boboli Gardens where we wrote in our journals or relaxed. After having dinner in the evening we decided to climb a hill where we watched the sunset over the beautiful city.

If I had any criticism I would suggest sometimes planning better places to eat beforehand.
Read my full story
Benjamin

Incredible Intro to Europe

As a sort of introduction to Europe, this trip was fantastic. I had tons of fun and learned a bunch everywhere we went and got to know myself a whole lot better.

Being able to have all the travel and lodging planned already was a blessing. It meant that I had the time to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with the freedom we all had in each city. I loved exploring with the group, but some days I just needed to take advantage of the opportunity to go off by myself and do whatever I wanted to do and have some time alone.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this trip to someone looking to step out of their comfort zone and discover Europe.

My Experience

The past 25 days have been a life changing experience. I got to see so many cities and countries and I got to meet so many new incredible people. As a recap, I started off in London where I met Terry, Ben, Zoe, Hannah, Josh (aka Joey), Shannon, Lung-Hou and Megan. We travelled to Paris, Barcelona, Monaco & Nice, Florence, Rome, Venice, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam and back to London. We shared so many adventures and new interesting experiences together. The real truth is that there was a little tension towards the middle/end of the trip because when you spend 24 hours every day for 25 days with the same 8 people, you see them for who they really are-you see them at their best and at their worst-rather than for who they wish you to see. But looking back now, here at home, I already miss them all because I was with these 8 people, and only these 8 people for 25 days across the ocean, far away from the comforts of home and my family, sharing these mazing experiences with them. From getting lost in Paris with Zoe; the train ride from Paris to Barcelona with Terry, Ben and Josh; being on the brink of heat stroke in Nice and Ben running to get me water; spending the stressful day in Rome with Hannah; wandering the alleys of Venice with Hannah and Lung-Hou; the long late night chat at the hostel in Berlin with Terry on his birthday; the evening I planned my day in Amsterdam with Megan; exploring London with Zoe and Lung-Hou; and finally saying goodbye to everyone at the hostel where we started. Along the journey I have also made many friends not on the trip. The first was Peter who I played cards with and talked to in Barcelona, who we met in Rome, Vienna and Prague again as he was there the same time we were; Lou in Venice at the hostel who tagged along and watched fireworks with the rest of us; Nicole and Monica who I met at the hostel in Prague and then spent the next day with exploring Prague; Matt, Danielle, Jeff and Ronan who I played cards and talked with at the hostel in Berlin; Keaton and Jackson who I met while waiting in line for 2 hours at the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam and who walked through it with me. Thank you to Lauren for organizing this whole trip-it was an amazing experience and I hope to actually meet you in person someday! Thank you to everyone on the trip and to all the people I met along the way for making this an amazing experience that I’ll never forget. A special thanks to Terry for everything he’s done on the trip-gotten us to trains and hostels, stopped me from getting heat stroke and overall made the trip the best I could have hoped for! I enjoyed travelling, spending time with and getting to know you Terry over the past 25 days, I already miss you and our deep conversations very much and hope to see you again very soon! I am happy to be home now, but I miss everyone very much and hope to meet you all again someday soon. I love all of you very much and wish you all the best! Until next time.

An extra day in most of the cities and a set plan for the escape days in order to minimize the stress and conflict in choosing what to do.
Read my full story

Alumni Interviews

About GapForce

Gapforce is a leading provider of structured Gap Year programs and summer opportunities overseas. The wide range of global adventures includes marine conservation, wildlife protection, community volunteering & healthcare, extreme expeditions,...