Language Courses Abroad in Germany

Language Courses Abroad in Germany

Explore EF's newest destination, EF Seoul!

Learn Korean with EF in Seoul, located in the famous Gangnam district! Take a tour of the school with Chris, Youtuber CoreanoVlogs.

From medieval architecture to a vivid modern art scene, EF offers language immersion in two distinctly German cities. You will make guaranteed progress in your language skills whether you are enjoying the green space of the Englischer Garten in Munich or strolling around Potsdamer Platz in Berlin.

At EF, you decide when you want to study, how long you'll stay, and what you'd like to focus on. You can personalize your course with Special Interest Classes like Grammar, Writing Skills Workshop, Public Speaking, German Culture & Film, and Exam Preparation (DACH). Earn transferable college credit from for any course 4 weeks or longer, allowing you to make the most of your time abroad.

EF’s German schools are accredited by EAQUALS and our courses are recognized by The University of Montana, our partner in education.

• Study from 2 weeks up to a full year, start any Monday.
  • 2 schools, amazingly located in Munich and Berlin.
  • Top activities include cooking classes, a tour of the BMW factory, art museums, and day trips to Potsdoam and Salzburg.
  • Choose to reside with a local host family or in the EF Residence, an international dorm.
  • EF students hail from over 100 countries around the world.
Program Tags
SIM cards
Some Activities
Primary Language
Application Fee
Host family accommodations and a meal plan are included in the course price. Contact the Admissions Team for a personalized price quote.

• Instruction 10

EF Berlin - Academic Year Abroad

When I first left for Berlin, I had no idea what to expect. Moving to a place where I did not know the language, a single person, or even how to use the public transport, was something that I never thought I would do... But from the moment I walked onto the EF Berlin Campus on that very first day, I felt welcomed and understood.

From their incredible staff, no matter what I needed, I always received help. From questions having to do with the metro, to setting up my VISA, to dealing with personal battles, the people at this school never ceased to amaze me with the compassion they have towards their students. And even now, as I reach the end of my time in Berlin, I am amazed every day at the genuine goodness that everyone on the staff possesses.

Physically, the school itself is beautiful. With up-to-date technology, modern design, and an overall welcoming aesthetic, there is nothing bad one could say with the building in which we learn.

And the students that fill the school are incredible as well. Coming from all over the world, I was able to meet people from countries I scarcely thought about. Speaking about different cultures, customs, and (of course) languages, has opened me up to the world in a way I never would have expected. And I have truly made some of the best friends I have ever had, during my stay in Berlin.

Now for the most important part about my EF Berlin experience: the language. I came to Berlin knowing no German what so ever. And in the past six months I have gone from being unable to even say "Hallo!" to being able to hold my own in conversations, and understand most of what people around me say. And I can assure you that there is no better feeling than the moment when one understands their first sentence in German. It is an unquantifiable feeling of success that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Looking back on my last six months, although they pushed and challenged me in many ways, I would never exchange them for anything else in the world. I have grown into myself in ways that I never expected. I have learned so much.

Thank you so much, EF Berlin, for teaching me a language, for allowing me to find a new home in Berlin, and for bringing me to myself. And, although I have to leave, I am so grateful that for the rest of my life I will have this experience with me. I am so grateful that for the rest of my life, I will be able to speak German.

Absolutely Fabulous

So, when I first arrived, I was staying in a hostel room with roommates. There weren't really any inherent problems with it; room sharing just isn't my thing. For that reason, I stayed with a family member who lives in Berlin. All of that being said, the school itself is absolutely great. Very clean and modernly designed. The teachers are absolutely great at what they do. The staff are all very helpful and were always available when I needed something. I would definitely recommend this as long as you have a private room or really don't mind a lack of privacy.

I don't see much way of this program being improved, honestly. It was a fabulous learning experience for me. :)

A really great experience

I had a really good time in Munich, in this short time i have really learned German well and made lots of friends from abroad ! Different culture and different language at the same time during this time. You can see lots of things here and explore lots of places, and especially the beer here is really cheap. The people from Munich are really friendly, you can talk with them on the train or other place, they will be really happy to talk to you and help you.

Nothing to improve , its aready good enough for me

Perfect way to learn German and meet new people

I've participated in the program twice and I look forward to doing it again next year.
It's a great opportunity to develop your language skills while still enjoying Munich and your holidays. You can make new friends with people from many different countries and continents. At the same time the school is very professional and well situated, only 5 minutes walking from the English Garden, right next to 'Lehel' underground station and also quite close to Munich's old town.

During my visits I stayed at the EF Residence in Geiger Hotel as well as in the EF Residence close to Olympia Einkaufszentrum. I can recommend both, but second one is exclusively for EF Students, which makes it a great way to spend more time with your new friends and also - in my opinion - it has better standard as it has been open for 2 months right now, so everything is new and working. Rooms are very quiet, clean and contain of a bathroom, a kitchen and one or two beds - depending on your accommodation choice. There is also a common balcony, laundry facility (€2,50 per washing and €1,50 per drying) and a lounge with a big table, sofas and XBOX One. WiFi works very well in the residence as well as at school.

Munich itself is a stunning city, not distant from the Alps and it is the capital city of Bavaria, Germany's biggest federal state. It has a very rich culture, many recreational sites (such as Olympic Park and the English Garden). There are also lots of museums, shopping centres and restaurants. Also, Munich is famous of its Biergartens (Beer gardens), where you can bring your own food (or buy it there) and enjoy the world's best beer. If you'd like to make excursions - Nurnberg, Salzburg, the Alps, beautiful lakes and historical sites are situated in 2-hours distance by train. Around Munich you can get everywhere by public transport for €21 per week.

I had an amazing time!!

One day my friends and I decided to rent bikes and bike around the city. We had a ton of fun traveling around together like locals. We biked to the East Side Gallery where there is a large portion of the Berlin wall still standing. We walked along the wall admiring the artwork and talking. Then we went to a grocery store and got food for a picnic next to the Spree river. It was overall an amazing day. also, it is so much fun to meet people from all over the world here. Now i have friends from Argentina, the Netherlands, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland, France, and Italy. i had the time of my life on this trip and i definitely wish that I could stay longer!

The only thing that I can think of that could be improved is if the classes were at better times. Sometimes my friends would finish class at 14:00, but then I would not start until then and then I would finish at 18:30. Other than that though everything was great.

EF Munich review

Munich is a great city. Its very easy and affordable to get around thanks to the public infrastructure, so there is never any difficulty finding stuff to do. EF provides lots of activities that focus around the obvious language learning aspect, and also has many that are great ways to meet new people. The teachers are all very helpful and have a clear knowledge of the language. The rest of the staff as well is very friendly and helpful.

EF München

My experience with EF München was excellent. First of all the city was lovely, beautiful, and at all times I felt safe. The support from EF staff was impeccable, always aware and helpful with all mine and the rest of the students needs, making sure we were satisfied and everything was fine. Another aspect of EF München that I was pleased with was the social life with the students, I made many friends all over the world and not only learned and improved my German, I learned about different cultures. I recommend this language course. Dankeschön

EF Munich

Overall, I had a really great time in Munich with EF. I took an intensive course and learned quite a bit of German in just 5 weeks. I started at A1.1 and advanced to A2.1. It is also really easy to meet people and make friends from all over the world. The excursions were generally really well organised and they took us to interesting places. If you choose to do this, I reccomend staying at the EF residence or in the EF hotel, espescially if you go in the summer as availability in the summer is limited and if you have problems with a host family it is sometimes difficult to move. The facilities are really nice and modern not too far from the school. But overall I had an incredible time- the school is centrally located and Munich is a really safe and fun place to live.

EF München.

I think EF Munich and EF in general, because I also was 3 months in Singapore, is really usefull: on one way to learn a language with a really efficient way and on another way by developing our self skills. I mean I´ve never learned so much about myself, you begin some one smarter, maturer, and you are more clear in you ideas by thinking or to take decisions. It´s not only a language school but also a life school.
Now I know correctly German and English and that´s something fabulous, I´m also motivated, more than before to learn other languages out of the others I´ve already learned, because you meet lot of people from everywhere in the world and it´s also a really grateful experience.

Here in Munich is the staff really super, almost everybody cares how you feel/are and it´s really easy to have a clear discussion. The atmosphere between staff and students is in general really good, and it helps. I´ve also learned from my guest family, they weren´t so good but I´ve learned to be patient and to enforce/impose myself.

To sum up, I absolutely don´t regret this adventure, because I learned to extend my limits, my vision of the world and to know what I want!

PS: Dedication to Jan and his Leberkäse. ;-)

EF Berlin

EF Berlin is the perfect place to learn German and have incredible amounts of fun at the same time. All of the students and staff here were very outgoing and welcoming. It's hard moving to a new country and city where you don't really know anybody. EF Staff and the students made it much easier. If you are wanting to learn a new language or wanting to visit a beautiful city, I would highly recommend going to EF Berlin.

That day when I arrived in Berlin for the very first time will always remain in my memories. It was such a great feeling. When I saw the Brandeburger Gate, symbol of this amazing city, I was fulfilled with happiness. Two hours passed and I was still there, enjoying the view. Time was already flying. I was grateful for having the opportunity to discover this city. A dream came true. And I wish I will again have the same experience.

About EF International Language Campuses

The world is waiting. Learn a language abroad.

See the world, experience a new culture, and make friends from around the world as you prepare for your global future. EF's fun and interactive classes help you learn faster while living the language...