Learn French in Paris or Nice with EF

Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
EF Friends
EF Friends

Learn French with EF International Language Campuses in Paris or Nice. Our fun, interactive courses will have you learning better and faster from day one. After class, you will explore your new destination like a local, practicing French and networking with EF students from over 100 countries around the world.

At EF, you can decide when you want to study, how long you'll stay, and what you'd like to focus on. You can personalize your course with Special Interest Classes like French cooking, fashion, music, and exam prep (DELF Exam). Earn transferable college credit from the for any course 4 weeks or longer, allowing you to make the most of your time abroad.

EF’s French schools are accredited by EAQUALS and recognized by The University of Montana, our partner in education.

• Study from 2 weeks up to a full year, start any Monday.
  • Amazing locations in Paris and Nice, featuring classrooms with the the latest learning technology.
  • Top activities include Chateaux de la Loire, Disneyland Paris, Versailles, and Cannes.
  • Choose to reside with a local host family or in the EF Residence, an international dorm.
  • EF students hail from over 100 countries around the world.

Popular Programs

Make maximum progress during your stay abroad. Highly recommended for students who need to learn a language as quickly as possible for academic or professional reasons.

This carefully composed course of 26 weekly lessons (total tuition time of 17 hours and 20 minutes), held in the morning and afternoon, is designed to help you move up one course level every six weeks.

Combine plenty of free time abroad with 20 morning and afternoon language lessons a week (total tuition time of 13 hours and 20 minutes) – combining General Language Lessons, Project Sessions and Lecture Sessions.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Ana. I am sorry to hear you didn't have a postive host family experience but hopefully you were happy with the service you received from the Admissions Team to resolve your concerns. If you'd like to discuss your concerns any further, I would love to connect with you. You can call me directly at 1-800-992-1892. I think it is important to add that all host families...

• Instruction 8.3
Ellie

My Experience in Paris, France

This past summer, I spent two weeks in Paris, France with EF. Prior to that, I had studied just about two years of French in school. When I arrived to the school and my host family, I was very nervous considering I had never really spoken to a native French speaker in my life. However, my host mom was the best mom I could ever ask for, the teachers at EF were super charismatic, welcoming, and funny. I felt extremely comfortable in the environment. I also learned a great deal of French just from two weeks and was able to skip a year of French when I got back to school in Hawaii. My host-family's house was a little far, so sometimes it was hard to get to and from there every day, however that was only a minor issue. Nonetheless, I made so many life long friends that I still keep in touch with everyday. Not only did I learn French, but I was opened to a whole new world of people and cultures. I really got a globalized perspective on life from this trip. I am definitely going back next summer for even longer. It was an incredible and unforgettable experience and completely worth the money!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking moment was when I first arrived to the host-mom because at first, I had no clue what she was saying. however, as days past I was able to pick it up very quickly.
Ana
No, I don't recommend this program

ESTAFA

Translation from Spanish: The great experience of spending 15 days in Paris was overshadowed by the great SCAM and incoordination of EF, which ended up sending us to a 2-star hotel with BUGS and no alternatives. I'm not exaggerating.

Next I count it step by step:

This trip to Paris to learn French was a gift from my son to my niece and to me, knowing the great illusion that would make us. During the reservation process in Spain, we were informed about the EF residence where we would stay, with kitchen, common areas and very good looks. We fly to Paris with all the illusion of the world to spend the first half of July and what is our surprise to discover once there, that the residence is saturated and they will redirect us to a hotel. The “surprise” becomes perplexed when we see the state and conditions of this 2-star “Jeff” hotel and the room they give us: a fourth floor with a narrow spiral staircase that had a ridiculous elevator with room for 1 person and highly claustrophobic. Therefore, and despite my arthritis, we did not even use it because it gave me no confidence.

But the big bomb arrives in class, when they tell us that we cannot return to the hotel all day (without prior notice to collect our things, stored in the suitcases in any way by the cleaning ladies) because there was a BUG INFECTION in the hotel and they had to spray.

At that time I lost my patience and went with my niece to the address, to ask how it is logical that please change us to the official Residence, which was what was advertised when the course was paid. They tell us that it is impossible, so we are helpless in the face of the problem. I do not want to worry my family and we endure the return to the hotel with the corresponding fear and disgust of the plague of bed bugs. This makes us sleep very uncomfortable, waking up and not being focused on the course we wanted to learn.

And this does not end there. In 3 different days this scenario was repeated in which we cannot return to the hotel all day for anti-bed bug treatments, even with the appearance of bites and a student's hospital visit.

I had the opportunity to visit the residence and verify that they do have a kitchen, a normal elevator and, above all, hygiene.

As we did not have a kitchen, we were forced to eat out all the time, with the corresponding expense of money that implies, also in a city that is not cheap. We went with the idea of ​​having the advantage they enjoyed in the Residence of being able to buy, store, and cook our own food.

I don't have anything bad to say about teaching and teaching at school.
The teachers are of excellent quality and impeccable class education, a great dedication for all their professionals.

However, the schedules were not what they said in Madrid, where they assured us that the classes would be at 8 in the morning and from noon we would be free. At the end each day we had a different schedule, and also classes until 6 in the afternoon. In addition, the excursions were not coordinated with most of the classes, so in order to go you had to miss class.

In conclusion, the teaching is of quality, but the organization of EF is a DISASTER. From the beginning there has been great false advertising. We were not even mentioned the possibility of sending us to a place other than the residence, much less Jeff, a hotel that had nothing to do with the conditions of the official Residence, in which we were in fourth-floor rooms, with a Indecent and most outrageous elevator, infected with bed bugs.

It is not fair to pay for services that are supposed to offer and we find this amount of nonsense, which when we complained we were not given any kind of solution or compensation.

On the last night of our stay, the roommate next door cried to our room, because she went to get a bag and a bed bug fell on her shoulder. He spent the night in our room with a phobia attack. By the way, she intended to stay a month, but has gone to Malaga back, because they did not seek a solution to the problem.

Regarding the hotel receptionist and the person in charge of us at the hotel, they did what they could to please, but the solution was not in their hands.

Too bad for not being able to take advantage of and enjoy the excellence of the classes for being worried about something unnecessary and that it did not correspond to us as it is everything mentioned before.

Back in Spain, I have the conviction that EF takes advantage of the young age and inexperience of most of his students to deceive them in this way. However, I was an exception because at my 58 years I was fortunate to be able to travel to Paris for 15 days, and I was able to realize everything that happened.

I am not a particularly demanding person. Some of the problems that I have mentioned such as the disorganization of schedules or the lack of cooking can be compensated with the quality of teaching and the great experience of being in a city like Paris for a few days. Even the inability to go to the residence could have been resolved by sending us to decent accommodation, or attending to our request once the situation in the hotel became embarrassing. BUT NOTHING!

The saddest thing is that the problem of this hotel, looking for information, we know that they have it since 2017, it is in the networks. And EF knows it. My complaint is to the organization and responsible for EF. It is a shame after the money paid for everyone to go crazy and keep fooling people selling an experience that is not real.

Ana María López Martín

Response from EF International Language Campuses

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your review.

The bug situation at Hotel Jeff was an unfortunate and rare occurrence. Please be assured that the staff at EF Paris immediately responded to the situation and took necessary action to ensure the safety of our students. The response from the school was swift and effective, and the issue was resolved as quickly as possible as a result of the school's fast action.

Please feel free to reach out to your local Spain Admissions office with any further concerns or suggestions. Our offices around the world appreciate your feedback and would love to discuss further on how to improve experiences for our students in the future.

Sandra

Best experience

I've spent almost half an year in EF Nice and it was a nice experience. Many things didn't go well. I was very disappointed for the first weeks. The staffs in different countries don't communicate properly. I had to wait for hours in the Airport Nice for someone to pick me up and that was horrible! They told me that they were not informed about my Transfer. The classes were very unprofessional. They put me in a completely wrong class and I didn't understand anything they were teaching. And it took them 1 week to change the class. Also the host Family was really bad! It was tooo far away from the School and on the first day after class I couldn't get home. But they immediately changed the host Family for me. After the first month, everything went really good. I loved the students and the staffs, they were sooo friendly! I was a beginner and after Ive finished the course, I could speak without any big effort. They organize many activities, especially in summer. And ofcourse the places there are soo beautiful. Also there are really good clubs, but the drinks are very expensive. OVERALL IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE. But I will not go with EF the next time, because their prices are very high and their courses are not intensive and good enough for exam preparations.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
My host family was near to the french riviera and seeing the light blue sea every morning, when I went by bus to school was very refreshing. Also the old town was very adventurous.
Helen

Wintering in Paris

I had spent 5 weeks in Paris during my winter break and I had an absolute blast. Yes there was mishaps and ups & downs, but I made the most of it with the time and money I was given. I had planned and paid for this entire trip myself and it was really up to me on what i did. I made friends the very first day and we are still in touch even months later! Exploring the city every night after class and creating unforgettable moments was definitely my favorite part. My french had improved greatly and I really took away a lot with the language and culture once I came back home. Thankfully I had an amazing host family who were caring and welcomed me with opened arms. EF provided me with my first study abroad experience and I can’t wait for many more!

Setting up classes and creating a timetable appropriately.
Maile

My EF Paris experience

It was actually the best experience of my life, because i met incredible people and of course because i learned French. Also if you have any problem, there's people that will always try to help you no matter what (Activity staff). Paris it's beautiful city where you never going to find yourself bored, you can find amazing restaurants, museums, clubs, parks and monuments. One of the things i liked the most and at the beginning i wasn't expecting is that there's a powerful mix of cultures, what i mean is that you will meet people from different countries and that will open your mind and teach a lot of things.
I recommend this program to people that want to do a real change in life, not only to learn or progress in the language, but also to know yourself more and live the most beautiful experience in your life.

Come! You will never regret it! You're going to love the experience.
Valentina

My French experience

My experience with EF Paris was really amazing and fun. Through this course I was able to meet amazing people from all around the world, and make great experiences and memories. The school is located in the center of Paris rihght next to the Galeries Lafayette; which is one of France's biggest shopping center with te most famous brands which is perfect for shopping. If shopping isn't an interest for you, EF offers you a lot of activities for the week as well as the weekends whre you can discover and learn more about Paris and contries that are close to France, like the Netherlands, Belgium, etc.
This program really helped me develope my comunication skills because before coming to Paris I was really shy when it came to speking french, and now I feel that's easier for me to comunicate with anyone in french without a problem. Something that really helped me learn more vocabulary was watching movies and tv shows in french with english subtitles and speaking with the staff at EF all the time in french.

I think this program could be imroved by giving students more information about the host families before coming to the program.
Anette

My First Trip Abroad to Paris, France with the EF Program

I feel like I can speak for a majority of individuals who have travelled abroad and say that, travelling to a foreign country to learn a language is by far, one of the best investments you can make for yourself. Taking this trip to Paris was unbelieveably unforgettable, and choosing EF was a great decision on my part; as they not only helped me arrange my trip, but they managed to find the perfect host family not far from the heart and center of Paris and the EF language school. I truly enjoyed every second of my time spent in class since it offered a good amount of flexibility for my time at school and my time exploring Paris. The staff there was so helpful and inviting that speaking French was so smooth and I did not feel embarassed nor shy when I spoke. Additionally, I became aware of how well I was able to speak and improve my French during my three week stay in Paris. Lastly, the friendships I made were unforgettable and beyond what I was expecting!

The EF program could improve perhaps its staff availability. For my case, if I had an urgent question or concern about something, I'd have to wait various hours to contact an EF staff member since the headquarters are located in the East coast of the U.S, while I live in the West coast.
Sophie

An Unforgettable Month in the Neuvième Arrondissement

Last March, I spent one month at EF Paris taking part in the intensive course. I cannot speak highly enough about my experience. After one months time, I was actually looking to extend my stay in Paris, but unfortunately could not be accommodated longer at the residency. I found the classes to be interesting and informative, though truthfully wish the required attendance (80%) was slightly higher, as this encouraged frequent absences from my classmates and I. Most importantly I felt that in just one month's time, my french skills improved dramatically, and having the city at my fingertips allowed me to catapult my abilities. I most enjoyed the international crowd that EF draws. I was extremely lucky and found a handful of friends quite quickly, none of which were American (which I loved!)
The social opportunities are limitless in Paris, EF holding a personal soft spot for Café Oz, the mid-tier club which welcomes students at a cheap rate every Wednesday. Moreover, I hope to return to EF Paris in a coming summer, and have since recommended the program to a handful of friends looking to further develop their french language skills. Hands down the best part of my gap year.

Ellinor

20 weeks in Paris

I was really happy with my studies in Paris! The staff and the teachers at EF were very warm and welcoming, they really made me feel at home. I spent 20 weeks in Paris and I learned a lot, both of the language and of the french culture. I would recommend it to everyone who would like an exciting experience and want to make friends all over the world. The hostfamily was also very welcoming and they were really interested in learning about were I'm from and taught me a lot about their culture since they originate from Moracco. The only problem I had at the family was that they didn't know what food to make me since I'm vegetarian. But since I was in Paris there was always nice restaurants I could go to.

Maybe more activites that are free, like picnics and movienights at school.
Jaehwan

EF Paris

I'm having an experience extraordinary. Meeting the friends overall the world, nice teachers, and the activity staffs who always taking care of students. Not only the school courses, you can also travel Paris and around Europe more easily. And having the various cultures experience. The negative thing is the price... But except this everything is so cool. I'm gonna miss this experience and this place so much at the future. I hope other people have this experience also.

Linda
No, I don't recommend this program

Horrified mother.

The site says Education First, but it should say Saftey Last. I was horrified at the pick up procedures in Nice. My 17 year old daughter was left at the airport for over 2 hours and finally found a representative picking up another student. If you value your children’s safety I would not use Education First for emmersion language learning. In all of my travels to multiple third world countries I have never seen such total disregard for safety in pick up. We were told every thing was in order before our daughter left. I deeply regret using hard earned money to endanger my child.

Try and improve your communication. Leaving panicked exhausted parents trying to arrange safe transport for a child at 5 am using google translate and SIRI is unacceptable.
Response from EF International Language Campuses

Linda, we appreciate your feedback and will certainly use it to continue to improve our programs, specifically our arrival procedures. Since EF was founded, safety has always been our number one priority. For this reason, we ensure all students have multiple emergency contact numbers and clear instructions on how to find the EF representative waiting for them when they arrive in country. Of course, as is the case with travel of all sorts, flights change and last minute changes are always a possibility. EF offices and staff around the world remain flexible and available to students in these times of change and will certainly use your feedback to continue improving our emergency and pick-up protocol. Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing EF as your study abroad provider.

Joseph

Ef Paris

I have done Ef in Costa Rica, and now Paris now! I love the school in Paris and the location is amazing! I would recommend this campus to anyone that’s trying study French! The teachers and staff are amazing people! They’re so many really good restaurants near the school as well! Ef does a really good in the way they layout the classes, and make sure your always doing okay! The student lounge is very cozy and always good place to make new friends!!

Expand the residence!
Kana

EF Paris

I absolutely love EF Paris. It has felt very welcoming from day one witn the airport transfer to the different activities provided. I have had a blast meeting a lot of different people while continuing to improve my French. I love that I have met people from so many different countries. It’s so cool I see that we all have the same goals. The staff has also been really helpful from the big things to the little things. My host family has been very inclusive with good food and good hospitality. I have felt so at home since being at this program.

Not by much.
Rayan

Paris Gap Year

my journey with EF have started about 7 months ago and since then I started the journey
I was away from home , yet I never had homesickness not because I do not miss it, but because I found a new home in EF school, New family , the best staff , the best teachers , the best administration and the best friends.
I learned a lot of new things, met a lot of new people , new cultures.

A lot of things I have been through in my life but my experience with EF with be always the most memorable.

by keep doing the same thing they always do
abdulkader

gap year in paris

Efparis is an amazing school and i want to say that hicham and matar (activity staff) are great and they have helped me so much. The director Alix is also so nice and she helps me when ever i ask for anything. the teachers are good. And again i want to thank hicham and matar they are the best. I have meet a lot of nice people from school. Alix and Sabrina are there for help. i appreciate everything. J'aime Efparis. Thank you Alix for this opportunity. merci beaucoup à tous !!

maybe we could learn more french history in class. But it's also good in class. I've learned so much from them!!

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About EF International Language Campuses

The world is waiting. Learn a language abroad. See the world, experience a new culture, and make friends from around the world as you prepare for your global future. EF's fun and interactive classes help you learn faster while living the language...