Sailor Instructor Course with Work Experience in Greece

Sailor Instructor Course with Work Experience in Greece

Our fast-track Dinghy Instructor course is designed for ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic people of all ages and all abilities who want the best introduction to the industry. The only prerequisites to joining are a moderate swimming ability and a passion to learn new skills, although we also offer 4 and 2 week options for those with previous sailing experience.

The course is based on the Greek Island of Lefkas and kicks off with a couple of weeks learning to sail before doing the Powerboat Level 2 Course and the Assistant Instructor Course in Week 3. Week 4 is spent doing work experience in a busy RYA Centre followed by a week training for the Dinghy Instructor Pre Entry Assessment. The final week is the RYA Instructor Course itself. During this program there will be time to try new sports such as Windsurfing, Paddle boarding and Yacht Sailing and there will be some great socials such as sailing to an island for a BBQ.

Following the course there are great employment options.

• Learn to Sail in the Greek Islands
  • Become an RYA Dinghy Instructor
  • Spend the summer working on a beach
  • Amazing way to spend a Gap Year
Some Meals
Tour Guide
Travel Insurance
Primary Language
This is the early booking price based upon flights from the UK

2015 Academy- Hightly recommend

I had a great time on the Academy. It was very interesting and educational. I also got to meet lots of lovely people, the staff are very friendly and you get to make great friends with the people on the course with you. The accommodation and food is very basic but does the job! The instructors were very knowledgeable and passionate about their sports and the location is beautiful. Highly recommended!

More optional evening activities and more of a choice in meals-particularly breakfast.

Instructor Academy 2015 Review

My time at Nikiana on the Instructor Academy was incredibly rewarding. The staff and atmosphere were great, and I felt like I settled in there immediately.

The first week was predominantly getting to know the 4 others that were on the course. This clearly worked, as some of my life’s greatest memories come from the 5 week’s I shared with my friends on the Academy. After this, our sailing skills were honed from the ground-up. I learnt an unbelievable amount on this course, and these are skills I will take with me forever- not just sailing, but first aid, teaching skills, communication, the list goes on.

After these 5 weeks, I enjoyed it so much that I returned to Nikiana to do two summer seasons there. These were both brilliant, and I met great people on both seasons. The two years were different from eachother as well, so I could practice the skills I have learned on the Academy in different ways.

I plan to sail for the rest of my life, and so there is no better way to practice and improve the sport you love than to learn how to teach it. I thoroughly recommend this experience to everybody that enjoys sailing or wants to learn.

The accommodation of the hotel is rather basic, but this isn’t too much of an issue.

About Seafarer Academy

Our fast-track Dinghy and Windsurf Instructor courses are designed for ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic people of all ages and all abilities who want the best introduction to the industry. The only prerequisites to joining one of our...