View Other Details
Visits to sites, museums, and points of historical and cultural interest
Transportation during all trips as well as to/from the excavation site
Field Trips to the island of Aegina, the island of Crete, Peloponnese & Delphi.
Orientation and acculturation activities
Health insurance by CISI (including medical treatment for COVID-19)
Certificate for the excavation work
Certificate following the portfolio seminar
Arrival day airport meet-and-assist service
Use of Library materials
Free Internet access in the CYA computer lab as well as free Wi-Fi for laptop users throughout the Academic Center and in the student apartments.
Assistance in obtaining a Greek SIM card
Student support services
CYA’s Fall 2021 Gap Program, Archaeological Field Work: Excavation, Workshops and Digital Technologies, is an exceptional way to enrich your educational and life experiences. The program explores the relationship between ancient Greek and modern-day practices via hands-on, experiential learning: Excavating in the Athenian seaside suburb of Voula, Lab-work (artifact processing and cataloging as well as artifact restoration and preservation), Engagement with new technologies including GIS, remote-sensing technologies, tablet-based field recording, data management.
The skills acquired can also be used in a number of other fields from computer science to fine arts.
Trips to the island of Aegina, the Island of Crete, Delphi and the Peloponnese.
Gap Flight Award: A student who will be accepted in the program, will receive $1,000 to offset the cost of the round-trip ticket to/from Athens, Greece.
- Visit sites of great importance in world civilization. Excursions to the Island of Aegina, the island of Crete, the Peloponnese & Delphi are included. All will be guided by CYA faculty.
- Participate in an excavation of a 2000-year old site at the outskirts of Athens under the guidance of the director of the excavation and CYA faculty.
- Participate in laboratory work related to findings at Aixonidai Halai and engage with new technologies in archaeological research, all guided by CYA faculty.
- E-portfolio: a key element in the documentation of work done by all students while studying, traveling, volunteering or interning, at home or abroad. Certificate following the portfolio seminar.
- Explore Athens, a modern & vibrant city where today's life is intertwined with its glorious past.