This 45-day expedition takes you from Oregon to India. The expedition starts on the Deschutes River in Oregon, where you’ll build a strong group dynamic and learn the rafting skills you’ll need for an international river expedition. Next, head into the mountains of Oregon as you trek through diverse mountain and volcanic landscapes. Then, head straight to India! Trek the Kuari Pass, where you’ll immerse yourself in local mountain culture and take in Himalaya views. Then, head to the Alaknanda River, where you'll float to its confluence with the Bhagirathi River, and then raft the Ganga River. The course ends in New Delhi. From here, you can opt to stay in India and travel on your own, or head home.
- Learn the rafting skills you need for an international river expedition
- Explore diverse mountain habitats among the volcanoes of the Central Cascade mountain range
- Immerse yourself in local mountain culture in India and never forget the Himalaya views
- The course ends in New Delhi, India, giving you the opportunity to extend your time in India and travel on your own.
- Learn and practice interpersonal skills such as problem solving, group facilitation, leadership and service.