Global Routes | GAP Year Program

Costa Rica GRIT
Nepal GRIT
Nepal GRIT
Ecuador GRIT

Global Routes GAP programs (GRIT Track) are tailored to the individual goals and interests of each participant. After an initial scoping session, we’ll work together on the sequence of your experience, selecting partner host organizations and opportunities that best fit your goals. We’ll support you with your pre-trip planning and will be in contact throughout your experience.

“An eye opening and independent experience! The unknown, although scary at first, is a rare experience found only in travel. It taught me so much about adapting and learning from others. Overall, I am so happy to have been pushed outside my comfort zone as I only learned and prospered from the decision to work with Global Routes GRIT.”
– Grace, GAP Year Student, Peru

• OUR MODEL: Our hallmark model includes meaningful community service, cross-cultural exchange, and living and volunteering in rural homestay communities.
  • IDEAL STUDENT: You're seeking a more independent experience over a tour-based group program, but also want expert support along the way.
  • OUR EXPERIENCE: 51 years in the field, leader in risk management and safety
  • LEARNING GOALS: self-sufficiency, global competency, leadership, self-confidence, language, service, ecology, environmentalism, etc.
  • LOCATIONS: We have connections all over the world. Just ask if you have a location in mind!

Financial Aid Available

On average, Global Routes is in the position to offer between 10-50% of our High School Summer Program fee to qualified and selected applicants. To apply for financial aid, please complete our brief application.