• Peru

Program Details

Year Round
Guesthouse Hostel
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)

Pricing

Lowest project price. For the rest of the projects and their prices, check our website.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Meals
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Mar 04, 2021
Jan 08, 2022
5 travelers are looking at this program

PMGY offers 1-week to 3-month volunteering opportunities in the stunning town of Cusco in the Peruvian Andes. Volunteers get involved in a wide-range of project work including English teaching, childcare, dog rescue, wildlife rescue and medical electives.

Our programs in Cusco run throughout the year. We have two start dates every month so you decide when you go and how long you go for.

Program Highlights

• Most Affordable – PMGY’s programs are accessible to everyone who wants to make a difference, through low fees and high-impact projects.
  • Best Support – Our international and local teams provide extensive around the clock services to assist you every step of your PMGY adventure.
  • Safety Prioritised – With safety a PMGY number-1 priority, we have taken all necessary precautions to ensure our programs are as safe and structured as possible.
  • Extraordinary Experiences – With PMGY, you have the opportunity to truly immerse yourself in amazing cultural and travel experiences, ensuring you leave with unforgettable memories.
  • Friendships for Life – Your PMGY experience not only opens up a doorway for new experiences and exciting memories, but also life-long friendships when meeting new people from around the world.

Popular Programs

peru-childcare

Spend your time providing love and care to kids. Apply yourself on a program that gives you creativity to provide a fun project for little ones in need!

per-dog-rescue

Get up close and personal while helping create a better life for Cusco's street dogs. If you love dogs this is a great way to give back and make an impact!

peru-teaching

Be the reason for young aged students to smile. The basic education provided in the local school system isn’t enough, the children need volunteers like you.

peru-language

What better way to learn a language than to surround yourself in the culture interacting with its people and traditions!

peru-medical

Get first-hand experience in both public and private clinics in Cusco! This project will provide volunteers an insight of the Peruvian healthcare system.

peru-experience

Take 3 weeks to immerse yourself in one of South America's top destinations. Improve your Spanish, indulge in Machu Picchu, Peru is your oyster!

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Lluïsa

Wildlife volunteer in Cusco, Peru

I went to Peru last autumn and volunteered in the Wildlife Sanctuary. It was an amazing experience and I met loads of lovely people there. The actual sanctuary was so welcoming and the included us in their work, we could interact with the animals and show the visiting groups of tourists around. It was also so nice to have a volunteer meeting place to hang out at with everyone and the host family was lovely too. I wish I had stayed for longer! Cusco is such a nice city, safe, lots of fun and good night life. I loved it!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I originally planned to stay there for 4 weeks, but once I got there I realised there was no way I was going to have enough time to have the whole experience in such a short time. Time flies by when you're there so make sure you book your trip for as long as you can because you will for sure love it once you are there!
ilaria

Best time ever!

My experience in Cusco has been absolutely wonderful. I volunteered in an afterschool program for 3 weeks with other volunteers from all over the world.
We did many different activities with the kids: games, homework, we taught them some basic english.
The team was very outgoing, checking in on me regularly to ensure a very smooth process in Cusco. My home stay was amazing, I've been hosted by a wonderful old lady who made sure I always had everything I needed (and the food was great!)
Volunteering through Proyecto Peru was an experience that will not be taken for granted, and I thank the team so much for making my time in Cusco memorable.

Arti

I would chose Peru Cusco, again and again

Peru, Cusco 🌹. PMGY have established a project so worthy of recognition and accolade, it would be a crime not to post the beauty of the project. Cusco - the Pachamama of cities in Peru and in my eyes, of South America. It was everything I could dream of and then some ....

The children of the Colibri, the project I chose to work with, inspired my life and my thought patterns. These beautiful children, wide eyed and engaging were open to visitors and volunteers from across the globe making me feel at home in their home. Their personalities and strong individual personas carried me through this project and though my Spanish weak, the universal language of children was strong and helped my engagement in trying to assist whatever requirement of education, or game playing these people of tomorrow needed!

Their influence and strong attachment to Cusco was influential on my stay and no doubt my learning from the children tripled from their input! THANK YOU Colby Robinson Pmgy!

Besides from the obvious beauty of Peru, there was something so pure about choosing Cusco as my destination. Prior to booking, feeling worried (and parents worried) I pestered Colby almost daily about the ins and outs of the place and project. Colby took it into her own hands to look after me so well and set me up with a family so honest, lovely and welcoming, I didn't dare dream about missing home! My Peruvian family were active, engaging and encouraging in everything I was in Peru for and extra. They had their own children and like minded volunteers, therefore I was never short of company in their home! I am vegetarian, eating no meat and fish, and my Peruvian Mama went out of her way daily, to cook me fresh clean food! I could not have been more grateful and not once did I feel sickly or unwell. My peruvian mother would even wake up on my early morning 3am tours to make sure I was ok!!! Therefore I could not be more grateful and in favour of Colby and PMGY for setting me up with such due diligence, safety and well being.

Also in Peru there was the 'base camp' set up, for us volunteers to touch base with (daily if you would like) and a chance to meet other international volunteers and/or participate in activities for bonding. I think the offer of Spanish lessons and other engagements was a bonus I was not expecting and a sure welcome of validity and safety in Peru.

I would rate PMGY 5 stars on the basis of the following things I felt important to me and my stay: the project cause and what it represented; the country/city PMGY have chosen to set up base in; the touching base/in country team support and project/peer engagement available they offer while in country; the family and their home; and finally the BEAUTY OF PERU CUSCO!!!! I could not speak more highly of such exquisite scenery and for a company to set up meaningful projects in such areas is a fortune.

Thank you PMGY and Thank you Colby - memories made in love.

No improvement required everything was as it should and could be PMGY could not do more for me!!