Wildlife, Reserve Conservation, & Adventure in Namibia

Our Tanzania program now includes Zanzibar Island...

We are really chuffed to announce that after some negotiation we are now helping a start up school on the Island of Zanzibar, just off Tanzania. Incredible setting, incredible project who needs enthusiastic volunteers. Who's in?

For a conservation experience you can't beat this pioneering opportunity to help leading conservationists turn Oana conservancy, previously run as a hunting ranch, back into a thriving eco-system. The ultimate goal being to turn this chunk of Africa into a new National Park, where they can protect Africa’s endangered wildlife.

Projects include:
Wildlife identification and tracking with local tribesmen.
Leopard tagging with radio collars.
Building an animal rehabilitation centre.
Creating wildlife friendly bore holes.
Helping the local community build a village crèche and assisting with the school sport and art sessions.

Adventure:
Mountain biking, river rafting, fishing.
Fly camping under the stars.

Safari Living:
You'll live in a safari style, semi-luxury canvas tented camp, on one of the plains surrounded by volcanic mountains. Think homely, boho, bedouin vibe. Heaven.

Millie

Oana do it all again.

Such an incredible month. Would 100% do it all again. It really was an experience that I will never forget and this was all down to Andrea and Red. They made the trip so enjoyable and everything we did was sure to make an impact on the conservancy, which was such a nice thing to see and feel. Base camp was a super cool place to stay for the month and certainly wasn't like anywhere I had stayed before. Unreal. Thank you so much to both of you and I wish you all the best xx

Ivo

Oana 2018

I had the most incredible time in Namibia even though it flew by. We achieved so much in a short month. The conservation activities were fun and fascinating to be a part of. A particular favourite of mine was invasive tree demolition and obviously white water rafting. Having limited WiFi made it much easier to click with other people and I’ve made some great friends. Red and Andrea are truly inspiring people and I wish them the best of luck and hope to visit soon to see the progress.

Imy

A must do gap year adventure

Going to Namibia with The Leap was one of the best experiences of my life. The conservation work intwertwined with the adventure activities such as white water rafting and mountain biking made it a fulfilling and fun trip. Red and Andrea were fantastic hosts and despite being in such a vast area away from home made us feel like we were part of a family. The facilities were brilliant considering we were in such a remote area and we were well catered for with 3 amazing meals a day. I would definitely come back if I had the chance again.

Fred

Namibs 2017

So glad that I chose this prodject it was the most fun that I had on my gap year ( so good that I went back for more). Hopefully will get a chance to come and visit again. The wildlife was amazing to see even though it took a bit of searching. I really liked the relaxed and fun attitude the guys in charge had, definatly made the experience better. Camp was nice and was accompanied with great views and even better night time skys

About The Leap

The Leap has been leading the field in overseas volunteering and career enhancing internships since 2002, providing award winning programs across Africa, Asia and South America. They are the first UK company to be accredited by the Gap Year...