- Panama City
- Cook Islands
- South Africa
- Cape Town
- British Virgin Islands
View Other Details
Leg 1: $17000
Leg 2: $17000
Leg 3: $17000
Leg 4: $17000
Leg 5: $17000
No previous sailing experience is needed to join as trainee crew on the upcoming World Voyage aboard Sail training Ship Barque Picton Castle, Picton Castle's 8th World Voyage.
Everyone on board participates in the ship's operation: handling sails, scrubbing the deck, taking a turn at the wheel, raising anchor, hauling on lines, helping in the galley, going aloft (optional), or keeping lookout. There are training classes in seamanship and navigation, and plenty of opportunity to learn square-rig sailing and to explore exotic tropical ports and islands. Many trainees go onto promising careers in the Tall Ship or greater Maritime Industry, but all are forever changed by this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Join for leg 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5 (and complete the circumnavigation!).
- Circumnavigate the World as crew on a Traditional Square rigged Ship
- Develop Lifelong Skills in Leadership, teamwork, resiliency, critical thinking, communication
- Learn Traditional marlinspike seamanship skills
- Sail into exotic remote ports and bustling international ports as a part of a working crew
- Build self-confidence and awareness of the world and the beautiful ocean highways that can connect