GAP Year Teach & Trek - Everest Base Camp

This trip is designed to provide you with a once in a lifetime experience in making your way through the wilds of the Himalayas to Everest Base Camp, followed by meaningful and fulfilling involvement in a local community project. On this trip, you’ll by surrounded by breathtaking scenery as well as the rich, unique culture of the Sherpa and Newari people in the amazing country of Nepal!

Get familiar with Nepal and give back: Embark on valley tours, visit ancient temples and witness some of Nepal’s ancient religious ceremonies. Stay with a host family and participate in a variety of fulfilling community projects!

Embark on a magnificent trek: Prepare your trekking gear and get your camera ready for the breathtaking scenery of AmaDablam, Gokyo Ri and Mount Everest as you pass through the lush rhododendron forest of DudhKoshi valley and into Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO world heritage site.

Andre

nepal

it was an amazing experience! the travel, families and kids in the school. Came back home a change person. From the center of Kathmandu to Everest base camp, chitwan. The culture, food, people is just awesome, ive been back twice and would love to visit it again. The first trip i did solo, highly recommend it, but not easy if your not an experience traveler. Sit down and talk to people get to know their stories and you'll be surprise how many will surprise you.

Response from GAPNepal

Andre Thank you for your feedback.

Linda

Challenge accepted

When you are trekking to EBC, your guide always says when you ask about the days route 'a little up, a little down ' the day we trekked from Dingboche to LoBoche over Tukhla Pass the comment was 'pretty flat, tough at the end' and he was so right! Such a terrific journey. You meet amazing folk along the track, each sharing their aspect of the track with you. By the time you reach Base Camp you're pretty much family!

A wonderful immersion into the Nepali culture, time for learning, time for processing, time for chillaxing. No improvement needed.
Sebastian

The Nepali kindness

I came to Nepal because of the it´s natural beauty, but I am coming back because of it´s people!

During my stay I was nurtured with wonders in the shape of mountains and temples, great guides, and support from the staff that I couldn´t possibly have imagined.
The greatest experience of all was my stay at the orphanage which provided me with valuable lessions, new perspectives, and gratitude. In return I gave the children a lot of fun memories, academic support, and new school bags!
To summarize: Nepal is wonderful, especially it´s people, and the staff got your back - for sure!

Camilla

Journey of my life

These months had been really the moments of life that I can recall the most and can’t believe all sorts of different experiences I could have in such a short time.

Nepal, the land with highest peak of world is one the adventure destination. It is not possible explain the beauty of these Himalayas in words and the mention in words. These are the places where one feels like keep coming and definitely I will be here for the next time.

Taking part in the teaching activities and spending the times with locals have been also one of the most life changing experience. Though it may be somehow culturally difficult at the starting, but with the span of time these beautiful natural communities will certainly make you feel to remain there for long.

So needless to say, Trek in the Everest and not only trek but also teach the locals is one of the most recommended Nepal adventure for anyone who is looking for a off the beat proven adventure experience in Nepal.

About GAPNepal

Our Company:
Established in 2011, we have always been and will continue to be driven by the concepts of sustainability and responsible operating practices, as we share in Nepal’s physical and cultural beauty.

Through our tours, our goal is to promote...