- New Zealand
View Other Details
Our philosophy is that we are all wild at our core. Sometimes life is a bit fast-paced to soak in the magical world surrounding us, so this program intentionally creates space to go deep into nature, 'rewild' yourself and the earth around you. On this remote wilderness homestead touching the pristine ocean of the Marlborough Sounds, you will be living in yurts honing sustainable living practices, hands-on farming experience, restoring flora, eradicating invasive fauna, overnight hiking, and even learning about marine biology while gaining a scuba certification. You will also get to experience three iconic road trips around the North and South Island!
We recently embarked on a Net Positive Benefit project where we are qualifying what impacts our groups have on the local communities, taking into consideration carbon emissions +/- social impacts +/- conservation impacts +/- community impacts. On our programs, students engage with non-profit organisations such as Litter Intelligence, Scholars of Sustenance, Ulu Mau puanui, Llama Pack project where they directly work for a better future - planting trees, eradicating invasive weed species, helping local communities and food banks.
- Help in environmental projects at the forefront of New Zealand conservation efforts
- Detox from society and spend lots of time in nature
- Learn to scuba dive, sail, forage, harvest, cook, and create together
- Learn land management principles & homesteading skills toward a sustainable future
- Explore New Zealand's unique natural landscapes and indigenous Maori culture on three epic overland journeys