Kiwi and Kiwi: Resort Jobs in New Zealand

Work at one of the top ski mountains that New Zealand has to offer during an epic summer or winter work season and claim the ultimate bragging rights.

Our Kiwi and Kiwi package is set out to be the most epic way to spend a season working and travelling abroad whilst discovering New Zealand. You'll kick start your working holiday with guaranteed job interviews prior to departure so you can hit the ground running from the moment you arrive in the adventure capital of the world.

We're looking for people to fill a variety of resort roles both on the mountain and off the mountain, so if you're looking for a new change or a bigger challenge...then this is for you.

This year we are even flying representatives from the top ski resorts in New Zealand over to the U.K so you can meet them face to face and get hired on the spot.

• Guaranteed pre-departure employer interviews
  • Discounted Ski Pass
  • 3 nights arrival accommodation including breakfast
  • Airport transfer to arrival accommodation
  • Queenstown Orientation

Alice

Working holiday with Kiwi & Kiwi

I was hired with NZ Ski as a customer service advisor at their ski center in Queenstown. The application process was very easy and the Smaller Earth staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Queenstown as a place is such an incredible place to live and work and I made friends for life there, everyone is so friendly and welcoming. It was the best 6 months of my life and I would recommend this program to anyone.

Liam

Easily the coolest season abroad ever.

So i've gone through Smaller Earth now on three different programs. First of all I went to summer camp in 2013, 2014 & 2015 through Smaller Earth's Camp Leaders. I also went on their Best of Thailand trip recently but this Kiwi and Kiwi package blows a lot of the things i've done right out of the water.

To put it simply, this is a seriously cool way to spend a season working abroad. After 3 summers at camp in America I knew I needed a change, the sunshine and the warm nights were amazing but I needed to experience new challenges, new culture and chase new adventures. When I spoke to Smaller Earth they told me this was the answer. They weren't wrong.

I wasn't a strong Snowboarder, I've never even tried skiing so I wasn't sure if I was cut out for this but i've worked in bars and hotels and I have bags of attitude. That's all you need for Queenstown. Attitude.

The application process through Smaller Earth was easy, I've gotten to know some of the Smaller Earth team over the years but I didn't even realise there's an office in Queenstown until I applied. They met me when I arrived, we went for a beer and they helped me get set up for my 6 months in New Zealand. As soon as I landed it felt as though I was meeting some old friends.

Smaller Earth arranged face to face Skype interviews with some resort guys and I landed myself job at The Remarkables slopes working in the bar. Good money, fairly decent tips. Enough to live and enjoy the Queenstown lifestyle!

Queenstown is just a hub for adventure, it's quite difficult to find accommodation but once you're there it's just full of young people with the best outlook on life. I joined some Facebook groups to meet new people but through working on the slopes it's not difficult at all. Sadly all my best friends seem to be the other side of the world.

I flew out in early May to start my New Zealand adventure and on the way home visited via Thailand in November. I only wish I could of stayed for the full year to make full use of the year long visa!

What I will say is that be careful if you go on this program... you might never want to come back!

About Smaller Earth

Ready to work abroad? If the thrill of earning a paycheck and traveling at the same time is enticing to you, then welcome to Smaller Earth.

Smaller Earth has been sending individuals on work and travel programs since 1999. What started out as a one...