Avenues Mastery Year, An Online Program for Invention and Entrepreneurship
View Other Details
- Required invention project materials, books, and an original invention budget
- Weekly seminars with world-class faculty and a maximum of 10 students
- Live invention workshops with the Master of Making and Design
- Feedback, mentoring, and coaching from inventors, entrepreneurs, and environmentalists
- Monthly guest lectures and master classes
- Patent attorney support and patent application fee
- Access to Avenues campuses in New York City, Silicon Valley, São Paulo, and Shenzhen**
** All projects can be completed with common household equipment. Equipment for doing alternate or advanced versions of the project will not be included.
** Contingent upon existing health regulations in light of COVID-19.
The Avenues Mastery Year is a unique, online one-year program offered by Avenues: The World School in collaboration with the Long Now Foundation. Designed to accelerate the development of 17-20-year-old inventors and entrepreneurs, participants immerse themselves in the history and future of innovation studies while simultaneously gaining essential implementation skills in invention and entrepreneurship.
Developed for those who have a passion for invention and who want to put their ideas into action, the curriculum puts innovation at the heart of a participant’s educational experience. Two tracks are offered: Making and Design and Future Sustainability. The program is a transformational learning experience that synthesizes the conceptual understanding, hard skills, and historical insights that are core to the missions of both Avenues and The Long Now Foundation.
Video and Photos
- Analyze, reverse engineer, and re-invent a series of world-changing technologies.
- Develop sophisticated perspectives on technology’s past, present, and future by discussing essential texts of science fiction and innovation studies.
- Join exclusive monthly discussions where futurists, inventors, and thought-leaders from The Long Now Foundation share their insights, current projects, advice, and answers to participant questions.
- Produce an original, patent-pending invention, business plan, and pitch deck, while working in teams supported by patent attorneys, investors, and experienced entrepreneurs.