- Costa Rica
View Other Details
ARCC’s Centro-Caribbean Gap Program explores some of the most intriguing and majestic regions of Central America. Taking advantage of our deep partnerships, we dive into numerous conservation efforts that include protecting nesting Olive Ridley sea turtles, repairing wildlife habitats for rescued mammals and reptiles, and conducting marine research of the invasive lionfish on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. Shadowing doctors in the Bocas del Toro islands off the coast of Panama, we understand the barriers to medical access for remote indigenous communities. Flying through the forest canopy on ziplines, the vibrancy of life in the jungle beckons us in the calls of toucans and howler monkeys. Exploring the underwater life of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, we gain insights into a world rarely witnessed. After experiencing three of the world’s most fascinating, and beautiful nations, we return to the U.S. with broader perspectives and a newfound passion to learn.
- Partner with a Non-Profit Bringing Healthcare to the Indigenous People of the Remote Bocas del Toro Islands
- Study Spanish During a Week-Long Spanish Language School
- Surf the Waves on Costa Rica’s Stunning Pacific Coast and Raft the Exhilarating Pacuare River
- Help Protect Nesting Olive Ridley Sea Turtles Coming Ashore to Lay their Eggs
- Get SCUBA Certified and Conduct Marine Research in the Belize Cayes