Learn Spanish & Surf in Panama's Caribbean, in Bocas del Toro

person surfing catching a wave
person surfing catching a wave
person surfing catching a big wave
person surfing catching a big wave

What better way to learn Spanish than surfing uncrowded waves in the warm Panama sun.

Bocas del Toro is Panama's coolest beach town. This program gives you the opportunity to take group Spanish classes and 1 on 1 private Spanish lessons, or a combination of both. Bocas del Toro is a tropical surfing experience! Where to surf, how to get there, how much it'll cost you. Lots of lefts, some rights, beach breaks, reef breaks and a couple of point breaks.

Surfing Lessons are for people looking to learn or even improve their skills. Live with a local host family, stay at a budget hostel, B&B, mid-range or upscale hotel.

• Bocas del Toro is Panama's #1 beach town.

Summer Promo: get a FREE weekly tour when you book 5 weeks or more of Spanish classes!

Learn Spanish and have the vacation of your lifetime:
- Hiking
- Sailing
- Caving

Ja'Lease

Learning Optimized at the Spanish School

I had a great time at the Spanish School! I had an excellent teachers Iraida, I would highly recommend her. I had Iraida for most of my four weeks there, she was engaging, thoughtful in her planning, and very intelligent. She easily adapted the class to the needs of her students. She really brought to life the cultural aspects of life in Bocas de Toro. I think that for 4 weeks, it was most advantageous to do 4hrs group classes and 2hrs private lessons. 6 Hours of class each day really does make a difference! The homestay was perfect for me, very close to the school, great family and great food.The other teachers, staff, and administration were all very friendly. I look forward to going back to this school to continue learning more language and Panamanian Culture.

Be ready to study in your off time. Language does not come over night!!
Jackson

Spanish classes + homestay

I just finished two weeks of Spanish classes with Habla Ya in Bocas del Toro, and I can say that overall I am very pleased with my experience here. I was a little anxious prior to my trip as I have never before spent time in a developing country, but my anxiousness was put to rest very quickly. Everyone in my homestay family (Alicia) was very, very friendly and accommodating, and I definitely was glad that I took this opportunity to learn more about every day life in Bocas. My teacher Benita is a great instructor and was very responsive to my preferences for class. She has extensive and thorough knowledge of Spanish grammar and also has a knack for telling great stories, which definitely helped me improve my proficiency in Spanish during the two weeks of classes. Benita even found a documentary in Spanish on a topic I was interested in, and then we ended up watching some of this documentary in class. Every concern and question that I had throughout the trip was addressed quickly and professionally, and I feel lucky that I chose to attend this school. If you want to learn Spanish and enjoy life living on a Caribbean island, then Habla Ya is the way to go.

Jacob

One month private lessons

I completed a month of private lessons with Iraida. I had previously had two years of Spanish classes in highschool, but that was 10 years ago. Iraida was great at being flexible for what I needed to learn. I had some gaps in my knowledge and while she was always well prepared for the day's lesson, she was able to change topics on the fly when I needed more help in certain areas. I can tell I am way more comfortable with my Spanish thanks to the lessons. when I first came down here, I could order food and ask where the bathroom is. Now I can talk about things in the past, like telling stories or asking people more complex questions. The school also was very welcoming, and they have daily activities that any of the students can participate in. Bocas is beautiful.

Explore as much of the islands as you can. There's so much to see. Also if you feel like giving back while you're here, look into volunteering with Give and Surf.