Multiple Locations +12

Age Max

Pricing

GRIT participants choose from two Support Levels:

Map and Compass Package: $895
3 virtual calls to set goals, establish a detailed itinerary, and prep for departure
One on-the-road support session
Best for students who want to take the lead in their planning process, but could benefit from feedback and guidance connecting with ideal partner and host organizations.

Passport Package: $1,595
6 virtual calls to set goals, establish a detailed itinerary, and prep for departure
Budget planning and customized packing lists
Individualized support booking flights and trip logistics
Best for students who want more consistent coaching before, during, and after their program.
What's Included (Extra)

No need to spend thousands on a cookie-cutter Gap Year program when you're an independent traveler. Instead, you'll receive expert guidance from a planner who works alongside you to provide expert advice and connections as you build the Gap of your dreams.

May 16, 2022
6 travelers are looking at this program

Ready for an independent adventure? Our Gap Year approach – The Global Routes Independent Track (GRIT) – is tailored to the individual goals and interests of each participant. Alongside a Global Routes GAP Guide, you'll plan a unique and immersive adventure. Our 50 years of experience ensure you have the support and mentorship to become a confident world traveler!

"If you are unsure about your post-secondary plans, take a gap year! It was the best decision I ever made. Even though I felt anxious straying from the plans my friends were making, Global Routes made it easy to customize my GRIT experience just for me, my goals, my budget, and my time restraints. I’d love to see more people do gap years and travel independently because I feel like I’ve grown so much in so little time. As scary as it seemed to leave by myself, it’s really prepared me for living on my own at college and being a real adult. If you are looking for what’s next, travel!" - Katie, GRIT alum

Program Highlights

• 👉 CONNECTED: With 50+ years experience in the field, Global Routes can connect you to the organizations, volunteering opportunities, and in-country communities who make your Gap unique and impactful.
  • 👉 TAILORED TO YOU: Our Gap approach means that no two experiences are the same - you'll have an adventure that meets YOUR goals and interests, with none of the irrelevant "fluff."
  • 👉 LEARNING GOALS: Get more from your Gap. Self-sufficiency, global competency, leadership, self-confidence, language, service, environmentalism - the opportunities are endless!
  • 👉DESTINATIONS: Plan a multi-country Gap or select a single destination.
  • ⭐️ IDEAL STUDENT: You're seeking a more independent experience, but also want expert support to make the most of your Gap.

Looks like there aren't any reviews yet for this program.  Leave a Review