View Other Details
- Accommodation and food allowance
- Qualified & experienced technical instructors
- Outdoor Leadership Qualification
- Advanced International Wilderness First Aid certification
- All technical equipment
- All program related travel during the program (flights included during program)
This comprehensive expedition leader training program is for people looking to gain experience travelling internationally to developing world regions, learning about managing groups & travel logistics, and trekking in some of the world’s most famous and spectacular mountainous and remote regions. Perfect for those looking to get into global adventure tourism roles or become a savvy adventure traveler.
This three month Expedition Leader training course is broken into three modules that focus on different key areas to build your repertoire of skills and experience:
- Module 1 : How to travel internationally with a group - Budgets, logistics, local operators, safety & core skills
- Module 2: Putting it into practice - Team trekking, community & service projects abroad, gaining confidence
- Module 3: Up we go - Time to test your expedition skills in the legendary Himalayas!
- Explore the Galapagos Islands, volunteer in Ecuador and Laos, check out Machu Picchu, hike through the Vietnamese rice terraces, visit the hill tribes in Thailand and trek into the Himalayas.
- Gain experience in adventure travel management, group leadership and international travel logistics
- Earn an Outdoor Leadership Qualification and Advanced International Wilderness First Aid certification.
- Learn to make important decisions while navigating in a developing world or dealing with language barriers.
- Take a dynamic, immersive course that progresses with each new destination.