View Other Details
This comprehensive expedition leader training program is for people looking to gain experience travelling internationally to developing world regions, learning about managing groups & travel logistics, and trekking in some of the world’s most famous and spectacular mountainous and remote regions. Perfect for those looking to get into global adventure tourism roles or become a savvy adventure traveler.
This three month Expedition Leader training course is broken into three modules that focus on different key areas to build your repertoire of skills and experience:
- Module 1 : How to travel internationally with a group - Budgets, logistics, local operators, safety & core skills
- Module 2: Putting it into practice - Team trekking, community & service projects abroad, gaining confidence
- Module 3: Up we go - Time to test your expedition skills in the legendary Himalayas!
- Explore the Galapagos Islands, volunteer in Ecuador and Laos, check out Machu Picchu, hike through the Vietnamese rice terraces, visit the hill tribes in Thailand and trek into the Himalayas.
- Gain experience in adventure travel management, group leadership and international travel logistics
- Earn an Outdoor Leadership Qualification and Advanced International Wilderness First Aid certification.
- Learn to make important decisions while navigating in a developing world or dealing with language barriers.
- Take a dynamic, immersive course that progresses with each new destination.