Latin America is one of the most incredible places on Earth and makes the perfect location for gap year travel. Our Peru gap programme offers fantastic variety in the areas that you will visit from the desert, deep canyons, the vast expanses of the Altiplano, Lake Titicaca and its surroundings at 3800 meters and, of course, the breathtaking glories of Machu Picchu. You will have the opportunity to live alongside rural communities in Peru and immerse yourself in the fantastic culture and incredible history.
- Spend time in different areas of the high Andes of southern Peru
- Work on important projects to improve the standard of living for rural communities
- Participate in ongoing conservation initiatives to protect valuable and sensitive ecological areas
- Live alongside traditional communities and immerse yourself in Peru’s incredible culture
- Learn basic Spanish or build on your existing knowledge
- Trek to the iconic Machu Picchu and visit Lake Titicaca